I was wondering if there is an app or a way to increase the charge ... General Smartphones forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

USB Phone Charging

Advertisement

I was wondering if there is an app or a way to increase the charge that the computer USB puts out. It takes a long time for my Blackberry to charge via USB. I don't even know if what I am looking for is possible.

Thanks.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure about the charge, you can increase the bandwidth for the USB ports:
    Try this ands see if it helps. Plus, make SURE that you have the USB cord plugged into the PC's USB ports (rear only) or plugged into a POWERED external USB port.

Now,
    RT click My Compter and click on properties. Next click on Hardware, then Device manager.
    Look down the list. (probably the last one) click the + sign to expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    Look for ALL of the USB Universal Host controllers.
    RT click the 1st one, click properties and then the advanced tab.
    It should show at LEAST 10% Bandwidth used.

If it doesn't show at least 10%, let me know and I will show you how to increase it.
    Everything that's run on USB requires a certain percentage of the USB bandwidth.
    MS Windows does a pretty good job of reserving different bandwidths for different peripherals.
    EX: A USB mouse does not need as much bandwidth as a USB printer, etc.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    cool stuff man..just checked mine out, its at 15%..sweet

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thanks. I have 4 USB Host Controllers. 2 say enhanced PCI to USB and are @ 20%, the other two say standard openHDC and are @ 10%

I only have 3 ubs ports on my laptop.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i have 4 as well, one is hooked up to a light and one is hooked up to a memory stick to save space on hard drive(photos,BB back ups, etc the other 2 at 15%

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    See the thing is, USB ports on a computer punch out a max of 500ma... That can't be adjusted. When you plug in your blackberry to a usb port, the best you'll be able to get out of it is 500ma... A home charger however usually dishes out 800ma...

Car chargers also do 500ma only...

Hope that adds some sense to it...

Dubie, pci to usb are the actual usb hubs in your laptop... They connect from your pci port and convert to usb... If you change the device manager view to "connectivity" you'll see the tree diagram of it...
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    See the thing is, USB ports on a computer punch out a max of 500ma... That can't be adjusted. When you plug in your blackberry to a usb port, the best you'll be able to get out of it is 500ma... A home charger however usually dishes out 800ma...

Car chargers also do 500ma only...

Hope that adds some sense to it...

Dubie, pci to usb are the actual usb hubs in your laptop... They connect from your pci port and convert to usb... If you change the device manager view to "connectivity" you'll see the tree diagram of it...
    It is strange that my car charger charges my phone faster than my USB on my laptop, but as you said, they are the same power output.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    A couple of things that make a difference...

If you're using a desktop, make sure it's a powered port, otherwise the power is split between ports (if you have two non powered ports, they'd give you 250ma each)

Check your windows power profiles for usb power settings... Vista and windoes 7 have options to either suspend usb power or reduce usb power after a specified time of inactivity. This can also apply to desktops...

Hope that helps...