Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

I had nothing to do, which is a rare occasion, and since time was abundant, ... General Smartphones forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Unpretentious LTE Service That Works...

Advertisement

I had nothing to do, which is a rare occasion, and since time was abundant, there´s nothing like doing something which I've bragged about. LTE/4G in a corner of the vastness of the EU, which no one gives a hoot about (which is fine as far as we are concerned) but have the tech know how and services that other top countries can't give to their population (and this we do care about). I'm talking 80% coverage for a country achieved by the carriers Vodafone, Optimus and TMN. And don´t go say Vodafone, for instance, is one company. I see all other areas of the EU serviced by Vodafone that don't even come close. So, that's a feather in our hat. But we have many, especially related to new tech, new energy saving schemes and up and coming things that we export all over (especially the US) and which nobody cares about, which is fine. End of rant!
    Now, yesterday, when I had I had nothing to do, I did something. I tested LTE/4G. Inside a building, about 25 miles from the city centre of Porto. Here is the test:

Just click on the pic to enlarge it.

Not bad, right? How's yours?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Braggart.
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    So Rog, what's yours then?
    Heck, let me add this: I'll do a test soon with the iPhone 5. I can tell you it's considerably lower. Dunno why.
    With the Lumias, the scores are always the same. And as I've said before, I have 4G on the Nokia in areas that I can't get it on the iPhone 5. Dunno why #2...
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-18-2013 at 02:25 PM.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    At most i get 7.14 mbps. i dont have any lte devices but i should get 39.5 mbps lte in my area (northcliff)

say dell any idea if you get better 3G coverage with your lumia than the iphone k? im wondering if lumias in genneral, including the 520 have the best antennas.