Hi PinStack family, I am new to Blackberry (Curve 8310-AT&T) and I'm gradually getting the ... General Smartphones forum

DeVaughn465 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Unable to access a favorite website.

Advertisement

Hi PinStack family,

I am new to Blackberry (Curve 8310-AT&T) and I'm gradually getting the hang of it (I guess) . I changed over from the BlackJack II which was a Windows Based phone and a little more user-friendly. Well my question is this: Is there some reason that I can't access a favorite website on my BB? I can get to the site, enter the site, but it won't allow me to click on the links of the site to view pics, etc. I have verified the settings and they all seem to be correct in order for me to do so. I work in Law Enforcement and during my down time in the streets (in between jobs), and in the Army Reserves (during down time), I like to surf the net. Can anyone please be of assistance to me? When I bought the BB, I thought that it was a full enabled browser and I didn't want to I-Phone at the time! Did I make a mistake by not getting the I-Phone afterall ?

Thanks,

kdm

P.S. - The SMS application definitely sucks and I'm still searching for one that is closer to IM chatting.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi there, and welcome to the stacks BB are pretty good and v secure! In answer to your questions, I would recommend downloading Opera Mini or Bolt for browsing the web, both of these programs are free and easy to use. Just google them and they will even recognize your phone
    I am sure one of the other kind stackers will provide a link

For chatting you can use blackerry messenger with others that have a blackberry. I also believe there are applications that allow you to use IM but I am not sure which is the best.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can try different browser emulation modes in your browser options, or you can try a 3rd party browser like Bolt or Opera Mini. You can find download links for these and many other helpful apps in JerryD's mini version tracker here.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

DeVaughn465 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Azstar & Dushdavj, thank you both for your replies & I'll try to implement the suggestions that were recommended.