The Silicon Alley Insider has reported today the results from the NPD Group's research report ... General Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Top 5 Best Selling Smartphones, BlackBerry Curve Outsells iPhone

Advertisement

The Silicon Alley Insider has reported today the results from the NPD Group's research report on the 5 best selling smartphones of the last quarter. The BlackBerry Curve has taken the top spot leaving Apple's iPhone in second place.

"Based on U.S. consumer sales of smartphone handsets in NPD's "Smartphone Market Update" report, the first-quarter 2009 ranking of the top-five best- selling smartphones is as follows:

1. RIM BlackBerry Curve (all 83XX models)
    2. Apple iPhone 3G (all models)
    3. RIM BlackBerry Storm
    4. RIM BlackBerry Pearl (all models, except flip)
    5. T-Mobile G1"

Verizon's buy 1 get 1 free promotion played a big part in helping RIM capture 3 of the 5 top spots.

[Read More]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's interesting to know. With all the hoopla over the iPhone as well as ALL the applications out for it I wouldn't have imagined that any BB was outselling it. Thanks, Az.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hmm. Very interesting. Has the shine of the IPhone worn off?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    4. RIM BlackBerry Pearl (all models, except flip)
    Lol, poor Flip. Yup, I got myself a curve, although I really want an 8900, contract extension isn't the issue, just don't know if I want to spend the money.

There are so many factor to influence these sales. As mentioned, verizon's buy 1 get 1 gave RIM's sales a big boost. Also we are comparing several models carried by several carriers against iPhone and it's single carrier. If there is in fact an iPhone released on Verizon I would expect a huge change in these numbers.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

True

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There are so many factor to influence these sales. As mentioned, verizon's buy 1 get 1 gave RIM's sales a big boost. Also we are comparing several models carried by several carriers against iPhone and it's single carrier. If there is in fact an iPhone released on Verizon I would expect a huge change in these numbers.
    Very True and lets not forget that it's Apple's rumored EOL (end of life) for the current model. I would also guess many are waiting for the June/July release of the next new model.

And the G1 showing up in 5th place already is a great start for the Android phones. I love the competition, it's forcing such rapid innovation and the capabilities of our handhelds is rising fast. Can't wait to see what's next!

The only bad thing is that our new devices are becoming outdated way too fast. I can't afford to keep up the way I want to!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    RIM knows whats up.