Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WOW..do i have a rant tonight! Heres my story..My mother is a T-mobile customer (because ... General Smartphones forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Thieves!!!

Advertisement

WOW..do i have a rant tonight! Heres my story..My mother is a T-mobile customer (because of me and i managed one for 3 years) and lovess tmo. She used her upgrade when it came around for the htc shadow when it premiered and she loveeeed it. She is a photographer and its hard for her to keep her phone on her 100% of the time..so from time to time she lays it down beside her on a table while she takes the family portrait. Well one day, while taking a family of 6's family pictures someone not apart of that family walked into the studio and stole my mothers shadow and blue ant bluetooth...she was so dissapointed someone would sneak around and steal behind her back while she was distracted. The phone literally is 3 feet away from her while she is photographing. Sooooooooo i speak with tmo and being a customer for 7 years does something special for me and upgrades her a year and a half early so she can get a discount on a phone. I love tmo. They make her a deal on a brand spanking new sunset pearl curve. When she gets it she falls in love...of course ive been braggin on tmo and bb and how she will love it right! lol..so she spends the money and does the flexpay.....thats where they break the payments up in 4 months installments. She gets comfortable in bbm and email of course and has the phone 3 months..one more payment and its paid for...and some dumb stupid heartless @#$%$#&^%@#$ goes behind her back and gain...3 feet away from her and its the first time she has layed it down..steals it. She calls me at work crying saying her phone was stolen again and today was the first time it wasnt in her pocket because she was taking shots of a family while squating down and the phone was uncomfortable in her pocket while doing it....she took it out and literally 1-3 min afterwords....was gone.....has no idea whom took it or what to do. Needless to say she lost her contacts bbm email and some other info we all keep in our bb's. We would all be devistated to lose our phones...so everyone please be carefull and safe with your phone...do not trust anyone with your device...theres always someone out there who will do anything to get what you have. Thanks for letting me vent...if anyone else has a story like this..please share and maybe it will help one bb user be a lil more cautious and save a berry.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    man that's really messed up....hope you catch that person..nobody seen anyone behind her when she was taking the pics??
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    They can trace it when the pin number pings a tower.

Here come Da Fuzz................
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

of course not......tmo doesnt flag stollen phones for some odd reason...i wish at least that phone was NEVER able to activate with a sim again...would make me feel a lil better...but the fact that someone can use...pisses me off.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

tmo says they cant do anything
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    tmo says they cant do anything
    Well they lied!

They just don't want to!

File a police report, tell the insurance (if you had any).
    Then file that info to TMO.
    If they still are dumb, then file that with the BBB.

Besides, they do have to flag it if stolen.
    And they CAN trace the ping to locate the phone.

Jeese
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

thanks..im wiling to anything!!!!..i sent a mesage to the phone HOPING the person read it...and i swear...ill beat that ##@ omg!..tell me this...if i would have put a gps locator on it..you know how how a biz can see where the bb is to locate it for a job or something...you think it would tell me where the phone is? also....do you think its to late to do a locator on it? the service has been deactivated to stop any activity on the bill..
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

You can Google GPS tracking for cell phones.
    Everyone charges a fee.
    The GPS is built in the phone already.
    And yes it will find the phone as long as the battery is in it and not dead.
    The deactivation does NOT stop the GPS from working.
    Even if it is set to 911 only!
    TMO should, and can do it for free.

ok well tmosaid no..there any way you can guide me to what to do?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

I would go with the things I said before.
    You could start at a legal site like http://www.accutracking.com/

ima click your link..brb
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dude best of luck to you! That really sucks that people have to be low lifes and steal something that can mean so much to a person.
    I hope your able to track it and possibly get it back.

But next time you should tell your mom to put her phone in an office and lock the door or something of that sort. Figure something like that out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    lol I didnt feel to bad about the sadow being stolen but the blackberry getting stolen that pisses me off, JK you need to get he a holster so she doesnt have to set it down. Sorry for your losses
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Never wanted anything bad enough to take it from someone. Best of luck with this. Hope you either find it and roast them or at least block that phone.

Yeh def. Ima do everything possible to get that phone back and hope I get a chance to beat him down...if its a guy that is lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast