Its not official but it looks like HTC will release the "HTC super tool" hopefully ... General Smartphones forum

KTW Guest

There's a brink of hope for your HTC EVO 3D jfcooley :)

Advertisement

Its not official but it looks like HTC will release the "HTC super tool" hopefully not to long from now.

use the link for more details:

mobile.theverge.com/2011/12/26/2659763/htc-super-tool-root-unlock-bootloader

Hope it helps.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey, thanks. I've rooted mine awhile back through revolutionary, however I may get this to use when I get a sense rom.

Right now I'm using the cm7 alpha. I switch back and forth often so this will come in handy. Thanks again.

KTW Guest
    wait...you don't have a sense rom anymore right ?
    then why you hate your evo so much ?

Right now because I can't get a completeAOSP rom for this thing.

KTW Guest
    did you get the bootloader yet ? I here it can completely de sense the phone. my question is: will the phone be like a nexus with no modifications done to the software and what rom will it run on...oh and what is it like using it, is it better than other booters ?

looking forward to hearing your experiences

Its not a bootloader.
    What it dies to "desense" is to remove the Rosie (what HTC calls its launcher apk)

You have to have a different launcher installed before doing that otherwise you're screwed. To answer your question though, you can have it look like stock gingerbread by installing either the gb launcher, or adw/go/launcherpro from the market.

Problem for me is it doesn't totally desense. Often I've found it created problems that need to be solved in other ways. The only true desensed roms are of course AOSP.

That portion of the app is similar to what viperboy has been adding to his rom. Works but not same as stock.
    The unlock portions of that app are ok. I rooted through revolutionary the day it came out.