Is there any program or possibly an option in the blackberry that I have missed ... General Smartphones forum

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Question Text to number converter????

Advertisement

Is there any program or possibly an option in the blackberry that I have missed that will allow me to enter in phone numbers that have text in them? For example.... 1-800-BLAHBLAH. On a normal phone I understand that the letter "b' corresponds to the number 2. On a blackberry however the letter "b" is a #8 on my pearl. How can I figure out what letter corresponds to the correct letter? It seems like blackberry would have probably thought about this, and probably has an option somewhere that I have overlooked. Any help??

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Easy one...just hold down the shift key when dialing and spell out the word naturally on your key pad. You phone will automatically dial the proper number. It's the key with the "arrow and 'aA'". Try it out. It's a little more difficult on a suretype keyboard. You have to be quick and use multitap. Hope that helps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I knew it would be something simple like that. Thanks!

k2daizzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    i never knew that.. i already know the letters by heart but this would have been alot easier.. good find pigigi

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
    Is there any program or possibly an option in the blackberry that I have missed that will allow me to enter in phone numbers that have text in them? For example.... 1-800-BLAHBLAH. On a normal phone I understand that the letter "b' corresponds to the number 2. On a blackberry however the letter "b" is a #8 on my pearl. How can I figure out what letter corresponds to the correct letter? It seems like blackberry would have probably thought about this, and probably has an option somewhere that I have overlooked. Any help??

There is also an app that will convert for you called Spell N Dial -

Do a Google Search... Site filter will not let me post the link...

David