Hi everyone: I'm a Telus customer who will be shopping for a new BB very ... General Smartphones forum

vandenhooff no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Telus customer; shopping for new BB

Advertisement

Hi everyone:

I'm a Telus customer who will be shopping for a new BB very soon. Currently I own the 8800WE and like it, but it's getting slow, and has very little memory left after numerous updates, and add-on installations.

Questions:

I'd like Wifi - any suggestions as to model (I believe Telus offers two with Wifi).

I like the touch screen idea after fooling around with my wife's Apple Touch - is this a worthwhile feature on a BB?

Speed - what's the fastest BB of the Telus models?

And any other advice you might have, such as if you just bought a Telus BB and are disappointed, why? Or, if you could return it for an exchange, which model would you take instead, stuff like that....

Cheers,
    Dennis

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Think you have 3 options actually, the Bold2 9700, Storm2 9550, & Curve2 8530.

Bold2 9700, Best processor, full physical keyboard, 3.2 camera w/flash, wifi, 3G GSM only (Telus has no backup EDGE network)
    Storm2 9550, Touch Screen, biggest screen, 3.2 camera w/flash, wifi, 3G is EVDO Rev1, (Has GSM radios for europe)
    Curve2 8530, Costs less, 2.0 camera no flash, has extra media controls on device, wifi, EVDO Rev A (No GSM)

Bold2 or Storm2 are you best 2 options, the deciding factor should probably be the screen, do you want the touch or not? Best bet go to the store play with both before making up your mind.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Palmiros no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'd personally go with the Bold 2. Best device imo.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Think you have 3 options actually, the Bold2 9700, Storm2 9550, & Curve2 8530.

Bold2 9700, Best processor, full physical keyboard, 3.2 camera w/flash, wifi, 3G GSM only (Telus has no backup EDGE network)
    Storm2 9550, Touch Screen, biggest screen, 3.2 camera w/flash, wifi, 3G is EVDO Rev1, (Has GSM radios for europe)
    Curve2 8530, Costs less, 2.0 camera no flash, has extra media controls on device, wifi, EVDO Rev A (No GSM)

Bold2 or Storm2 are you best 2 options, the deciding factor should probably be the screen, do you want the touch or not? Best bet go to the store play with both before making up your mind.
    Great response PK

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My two cents - the 9700 will answer your needs for memory capabilities. The other features mentioned by PK are great !
    Regarding the Storm models, I suggest you try before you buy. You mentioned liking the iPhone touch screen, and here I must warn you that, although similar, the Storm touch screen is not as pleasurable as an iPhone.
    Good luck !

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    My two cents - the 9700 will answer your needs for memory capabilities. The other features mentioned by PK are great !
    Regarding the Storm models, I suggest you try before you buy. You mentioned liking the iPhone touch screen, and here I must warn you that, although similar, the Storm touch screen is not as pleasurable as an iPhone.
    Good luck !
    Couldn't agree with you more. I think it takes some getting used to but BlackBerry keypads are exceptional and second to none. I would say Bold II