Endgaget Bad news T-Mobile fans: AllThingsD just confirmed that throttling on the 200MB plan is ... General Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

T-mo going to data overage charges on 200mb plans

Advertisement

Endgaget

Bad news T-Mobile fans: AllThingsD just confirmed that throttling on the 200MB plan is going the way of the dodo, with the carrier opting to charge overage fees instead. Under the new entry-level plan, those exceeding their monthly allotment will face a $0.10 overage per megabyte, until their penalties reach $30 -- the capped surcharge. The switchover won't happen until midnight tomorrow (the 13th), so those of you seeking to get grandfathered into the throttled plan better hop to it. Or you could just splurge on a pricier data plan, just like Little Magenta would want you to...

Man I would destroy 200mbs.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I just switched plans got a great rate on a family plan with 3 lines. my daughter has 5 gb no charge for overage just a major slow down, I have 200mb with no charge on overage just a major slow down. added my grandsons phone for a 3rd line and reduced my cost. I switched from the unlimited loyalty plan which charged me a 30.00 blackberry data plan. All is well cause I'm on wifi at home which doesn't us data on my berry.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Cool beans. My father in law has a 200mb plan with AT&T, and just got his first android. I'm so afraid he's underestimated his usage he does have wifi at home though.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yes what is unfortunate for droids is there is data running all the time 200MB may not go very far for him. I suggest he watches the data closely the first month. Thanks for the heads up, our tmo users will want to know this for sure

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color