Nothing new. Just thought I'd share... I was sitting with my laptop talking to the ... General Smartphones forum

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4

Smile Syncing via Bluetooth is convenient

Advertisement

Nothing new. Just thought I'd share...

I was sitting with my laptop talking to the girlfriend. I thought, "I should sync my Blackberry" (since I haven't in a few days and many changes/additions/deletions have been made). The phone was across the room and I didn't want to get up and walk over there as I was very comfortable. So I then hoped that the inactivity timer hadn't run down (if so I would have to walk over there and enter the password etc etc). So I turned the Bluetooth on my laptop on and opened the desktop manager and luckily the phone wasn't locked yet! yay! I typed the device password into the desktop manager and was on my way.

I've used the Bluetooth to sync since last summer when I first started using a BB. But Never from across the room. I only use the Bluetooth so that I don't have to use the USB port and create wear (which killed the previous phone partially). And yes I use a charging pod.

Bluetooth saves the day.

Just wish that the desktop manager could be set to select "yes" on the dialog boxes automatically if I choose to do so.

Thanks for listening? I got bored. Took much longer to type this than it did to sync.
    "Who Dares Wins"

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Nice! You just gave me the idea ...thanx!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Now just gotta find me a charging pod!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by soljawitstripes View Post
    Nice! You just gave me the idea ...thanx!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Glad I did. Only thing is I had to solve the bluetooth issue by installing the MS Bluetooth stack instead of the one that was installed.

But yeah... Wireless sync and wireless backup. :-). Fun.

As for the charging pod... Fast on, fast off!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    How the hell do you get this to work? Can this work for upgrading the OS?
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.102 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Quote Originally Posted by stranjal7 View Post
    How the hell do you get this to work? Can this work for upgrading the OS?
    You have to use the usb cable for upgrades etc.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Ok so how do you sync it to the Desktop manager then. Where did you find the instuctions for this? I would really appreciate it. My mini usb port hasn't worked for months now so this would really help.

Let me search again... hold
    "Who Dares Wins"

Quote Originally Posted by stranjal7 View Post
    Ok so how do you sync it to the Desktop manager then. Where did you find the instuctions for this? I would really appreciate it. My mini usb port hasn't worked for months now so this would really help.
    XP or Vista? I had a hard time with XP and the issue about the microsoft drivers... I had to uninstall the toshiba bt stack (or whatever it was) and install the stardard pack....

Here is a starter... (vista) http://www.gilsmethod.com/how-to-syn...sing-bluetooth

Questions? If you have an issue with it then it might be the bluetooth stack issue.... google around and you'll see. I'll be back
    "Who Dares Wins"