Need some opinions guys ! Please ! Vodafone is sending me a phone next week, ... General Smartphones forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

STACKERS Opinions on S2 !

Advertisement

Need some opinions guys ! Please !
    Vodafone is sending me a phone next week, or should I say I´m eligible for one. Out of the lot to choose from (and I'm a BB freak!) I plan to choose a S2 (9520).
    I´m used to the 9700. I mean to keep this one, since it´s MINE (bought in UK) !
    My doubts concern the touch screen. I had the S1 and found it HARD TO USE when I had to write longer mails or correct texts with Docs to Go, (Word, Ppt or Excel). How is the new screen concept on the S2 ? Can I expect to type as fast ? How accurate is it ?
    Since I also own an iPhone, how does the touch screen differ from the S2 ?
    I really would appreciate your input.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Typing is MUCH better on the S2, instead of 1 button behind the screen there are now 4 electronic sensors that only work when the screen is powered on. When the screen is locked or the device is turned off the screen does not depress. I have had both an S1 & an S2, and I find typing on the S2 to be MUCH better. The extra memory and wifi are nice too, but the better screen is what "sold" me.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I agree completely with pk. World of a difference. I had the S1 as well. I loved it, but the S2 screen is so much better. I can't speak for the 9520 because I'm on a 9550, but I say go for it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks guys ! My doubts are really about the screen. I didn't appreciate the fact of having to constantly press the screen to type on S1. I gather it's the same thing on the S2. As for memory and WiFi, yes this is a must !
    When it arrives, this week I hope, I'll post my impressions !