When iPhone is Spreading all of the world, and Sony can not sit there quiet ... General Smartphones forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Sony Working On Playstation Phone, iPad Competitor

When iPhone is Spreading all of the world, and Sony can not sit there quiet anymore.
    Sony is developing a new lineup of products to compete with Apple's growing stable of portable devices, according to the WSJ.

Journal sources say, the company plans to release a new smartphone which is capable of downloading and playing Playstation games.

In addition, plans for a device that combines a netbook, e-reader, and PSP are underway. The new product is designed to compete against the Apple iPad and similar devices.

As part of Chief Executive Howard Stringer's turnaround plan Sony plans to distribute movies, television shows, music, and games to these devices via the Sony Online Service.

While the company has made progress in cutting costs and streamlining its production; it has not delivered a game changer product to tie in their online service and help move the company forward.

Hopefully, Sony will be able to build a worthy rival for Apple's iPad. This would push Cupertino to innovate further with consumers winning out in the end. actually PSP Phone is very Good choice for some Mobile Games lover, at least PSP Phone should get better operation.

via iclarified

iLord is DEAD!

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will very interesting how sony responses to the iphone. And I would like to see what carrier will get it.

rhin0247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    perfect... i can not wait to see the end result... the phone will be cool and knowing sony will be packed with features... the iPad competitor should be really somthing to see though... especially since i think the iPad is a joke, sony has always been able to make powerful electronics in small form factors.. this should be good