smartphone with real keyboard or touchable keyboard on screen? which do u like? and which ... General Smartphones forum

jpro no está en línea Stack level 1

Question smartphone without real physical keyboard?

Advertisement

smartphone with real keyboard or touchable keyboard on screen? which do u like? and which is better? In future will real kb be removed completely?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm becoming a fan of touch boards again. They take a bit of getting used to though.
    I remember when the iPhone launched and how foreign it felt to type and not have that physical "click", but adapted pretty quickly. I think I even these as fast as I did with a board.

The drawback (IMO) is it is far easier to mistype. Either I press to light or missed the letter, hitting between keys.

The physical keys are just as good but the real estate they require is becoming a no no in design. Seems no keyboard equates to larger screens (with the exception of sliders). The last phone I used had such small keys I had to use the very tips of my fingers to type.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 06-21-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: fingers too big, auto correct is evil

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I would probably like a dual touchscreen/QWERTY keypad device like the G2, HTC Merge, or BlackBerry Torch for my next smartphone's form factor.

I would not want any touchscreen-only device. I know I'd send something that ends up on http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    My next phone would not be touch screen only that is for sure. I switched from a 9000 to the 9800 and can tell you I almost never use the touch screen but can also say I get so tired of having to flip the keyboard out so the 9900 coming out will be a very good thing

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you have die hard fans on both sides. for me i love the on screen keyboard. a while back i had the droid 1 with both and i never ever used the physical keyboard.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I swore I'd never have an all-touch device because I'm too freakin' anal about fingerprints on the screen. Go figure I have a iPhone now.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Finger prints bug me too and maybe that is part of my dislike for these phones. I just think if apple made a version with a full keyboard they might be able to get more users but what do I know about costs to make this so maybe just not worth it to them. Also I know so many seem to be wanting the smallest phone in the world but still want a big screen so keyboards lose out, for me I don't need a phone that small. I loved the BB7520's, the keyboard was easy to use and you didn't hit the wrong key. Also they seem to make the battery smaller so they think we will be happy but why do so many hate the battery life?