Im looking for a smartphone for good internet use. i want to see websites similar ... General Smartphones forum

okeee no está en línea Stack level 2

smartphone requirements for internet use

Advertisement

Im looking for a smartphone for good internet use. i want to see websites similar as it would be on pc, so with good display, resolution and such.

the phone should have a stylus pen, but i dont see it listed with the specs. so do smartphones normally have those pens? can they be used with a capacitive touchscreen?

so, what display height and width and display resolution would i need?

and what technology, for example, do i need wap, java, email client?

I also want a fast use of the phone, how much CPU, RAM and Internal memory (storage) do you recommend.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Iphone and android i know will allow a desktop view. Important pretty sure that blackberry with opera (and maybe native browser) will as well.
    Screen size is going to be up to you. Some want and like larger screens, some don't. My Evo has a 4.3, and i find it good, but i know folk that have smaller and are happy. Since you can zoom in and out, usually not a huge issue.

As for a stylus, i can't think of one that comes with a phone. There are several that are sold for tablets. I can't speak to how good they are, or if they'd be of any use on a phone.

As for java etc, nearly all will surf the web out of the box. You may find issues with flash on the iphone.

CPU, ram, depends on how much you want to spend. I'll let the boards blackberry users advise on models since they are far more familiar with those devices now.
    I can say that should you look at android devices your going to find mostly 1ghz cpus and up to 1gb ram. I honestly don't think I'd get anything less. Internal storage will vary. Since I assume you are talking about app and user storage, I'd start at 16gb. Money will be the limiting factor, however Androids (with a few exceptions) will offer micro SD card slots upgradeable to 32gb. IPhones offer 16gb and 32gb models.

yes the stylus pen is very important, cause i want to use it to 'handwrite' chinese characters with. not for chinese character input, but for looking up. so i would need a mobile phone with retentive touchscreen? or could i 'handwrite' chinese characters by hand?

Link one is a site that sells stylus. No idea if the site is any good, just wanted you to see what's out there
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...p?parentid=670

The second link will help you decide.
    http://www.htcphones.net/why-modern-...citive-stylus/

As for entering Chinese I will have to get back. My brother-in-law is Chinese and I can ask him bout character imput. I won't be able to ask til tomorrow.

i noticed that very few smartphones have a stylus pen included, so it is not convenient to buy an extra stylus pen because it is easy to lose it. i tried a few phones without a qwerty keyboard, and the touchscreen keyboard was very small, too small for my fingers to type correctly. so how do you do that?

You get used to it. If you need a physical keyboard on the device you may look at the new blackberry bold 9900 (think that's the new one) has touch screen and what's reported as being the best keyboard out.