Here is an excerpt from an article I came across. I truly like the way ... General Smartphones forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Smartphone Choices...

Advertisement

Here is an excerpt from an article I came across.

I truly like the way this writer has expressed what I also see as the "Buzz around Android", and it's impact on the other smartphones currently available.

The excerpt:

Google's Android is increasingly attracting attention, says new data from ComScore. Polls suggest that the number of consumers planning to buy Android mobile devices has more than doubled since summer 2009, while the number of those planning to buy iPhones has slightly decreased. Still, the majority of consumers are looking at BlackBerry smartphones.

source: full article

Weigh in with your thoughts and comments, let us know how you see the industry & the brands moving forward.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If a person wants a telephone along with email and texting the BB will work great.

If a person wants more they will have to choose another.

The iPhone will still be the phone that delivers a complete package and is easy to use for all age groups.

The Android will continue to push Apple keeping the iPhone a great device.

Within 2 years Android will kill WMo devices and put RIM in 3 rd place.

3 years from now Android devices along with Apple will own most all the market minus the old devices still being used.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    If a person wants a telephone along with email and texting the BB will work great.

The iPhone will still be the phone that delivers a complete package and is easy to use for all age groups.

3 years from now Android devices along with Apple will own most all the market minus the old devices still being used.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Brilliant! I'm in 100% agreement.

As someone who enjoyed BlackBerry's as my device of choice for years, time marches on. Sadly in this writers opinion, they have squandered (and that's just my observation, I'm not bashing them) many a great opportunity.

Now they no longer have the luxury of resting on their laurels, RIM is being given a run for their money like never before.

Unwilling to give up on RIM entirely, I've diversified to include three devices of choice, all active and being used for what they do best. For myself, and the needs I have (not just wants) I'm enjoying the variety and the celebrating the differences.

1) Droid - Just for the "fun of it" and to stay on top of the latest technology via personal experience

2) iPhone - For the connectivity to the web with a large display which is a must for me (as I'm so mobile)

3) Bold 9k - For the stellar keyboard which makes long emails easy.

Ultimately I'm hoping that at some point in the not too distant future I will have just one smartphone, that will meet all my basic needs, as I'm not looking for the "perfect smartphone" but rather one that is very good at filling the mere definition of what smartphones should be.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

How sad!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Everyone, get over yourselves. There is no such thing as the "best smartphone." Whatever floats your boat. Whatever makes you happy. Good day!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvallejo666 View Post
    Everyone, get over yourselves. There is no such thing as the "best smartphone." Whatever floats your boat. Whatever makes you happy. Good day!

YUP! I agree 100% with you. There is no such thing. Get off your high horses people and stop your comments about my iphone or my android phone can do this what about you and your blackberry? Are we still in Kindergarden? I guess it's time for my nap.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I haven't given up on RIM yet, I still use my 9000 but what once was my main device of choice is no my backup. The iphone has taken its place. Not because the iphone does everything better than my 9000, this far from the truth. In all honesty I would say my 9000 fits more of my business needs than my iphone being that its a little easier to do many things at once. The recent failures in data service from them is what has my iphone as the first device not because it does what I need better than my 9000, it doesn't, it gets what I need done just not AS efficiently as my BB, but its there and a few extra menus to cycle through is ok, because its there always. Android is the new thing and has huge potential to become the platform of choice. It will keep apple moving forward and it will also move BB into 3rd place for the time being. RIM will come around and realize that they are getting behind and make the changes they need to make, what's going to be key is when, in a fast paced world if you stand still for a moment you find yourself always playing catch up. All great devices, all do things better in one aspect or another compared to each. So what suits you best is what you have to determine. For me, that's reliability and apple has that right now.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    ...I guess it's time for my nap.
    Hey raton ...I'm napping already! This is a never ending discussion...
    Happy New Year Bud !
    And also to all the buddies that read this.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I haven't given up on RIM yet, I still use my 9000 but what once was my main device of choice is no my backup. The iphone has taken its place.
    We are on the exact same page. RIM needs to wake up before they loose their core base of tech types. Not everyone buying a smartphone wants one that comes with a buggy OS. Nor do they want to learn how to work on them.

"Oh Hello, Mr Jones, We have your new Mercedes Benz AMG V-12 SLR ready for you to pickup today.

You might want to arrive early in your overalls, bring your tools, and prepare to work on the electrics. It seems it's only running on seven cylinders, so you might want to try and fix that"....ha..ha...ha....

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Correct me if I am wrong. When Pinstack was created, it was a forum site for blackberry users.?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. When Pinstack was created, it was a forum site for blackberry users.?
    Yes. I believe you are correct. Pinstack has evolved into a site that caters to all smartphones, making it the best website out there. This is not opinion, it is fact cause I said so.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Yes. I believe you are correct. Pinstack has evolved into a site that caters to all smartphones, making it the best website out there. This is not opinion, it is fact cause I said so.
    Well said!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Yep, as many on here I've been around since it ewas just for BB. Hence the name PINstack. It has evolved into the best site for smartphone users for this reason, most of us are fanatics about smartphones yet we can dissagree and have productive conversations that we all taker something away from. You don't always agree with everyone but the people on here are for the most part open minded and willing to have an open mind when discusing issues and opinons. This is what makes the stacks my forum of choice and its why I pay to be a premium member. A lot of us have moved on from BB, taken on new challages in devices. This forum is for all but most of us are willing to help with any needs someone might have and give solid advice on it, and if we don't know, that's what we say.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This is so 2009 lol

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    "There are a variety of reasons why the BlackBerry has become the business standard. Security and reliability are some of the central reasons.
    From an IT perspective, BlackBerry provides some essential features that the iPhone currently lacks such as native VPN, native Mobile Device Management (MDM, private on-premise secure OTA app push and a limited number of IT policies. Other features such as a tactile keyboard demanded by speed typers, the all day power, the multi-threaded operating system capable of simultaneous apps, and the reliable service delivery that most mobile business users demand, make the BlackBerry a winner in enterprise for the foreseeable future.

So why is everyone talking about iPhone in enterprise? As mentioned above, the BlackBerry++ scenario is in some ways confusing mainstream media that the iPhone has a significant presence in enterprise. It’s true that these devices exist in enterprise, but these devices are often employee liable versus corporate liable.

A typical case involves a CEO who decides he wants to try out the latest Droid phone and brings it to his IT department and says “get this working for me.” The Android software is new and unpolished, and it may not even support IT policies, but the CEO has to have it nonetheless. Others in the company see the CEO using this device and some want to try it out too. IT admins will either fight against these devices, let employees have them under employee liable conditions, or just give up and let the gadget lovers in the company bring whatever they want on to the network. This is where the iPhone sits in business, as a gadget that a few in the organization want, and IT isn’t elated about. I would be surprised if there is even 1 major organization that has rolled out iPhones across a network in the thousands of devices. BlackBerry has several of these clients.

While I appreciate the Apple design philosophy and the company’s ability to create a revolutionary platform, to date it lacks many of the features required by business. Personally, I would like to see Apple try a slider device, as having a keyboard would go a long way to making the device more functional. But in the end, this may all be a moot discussion. Quarter after quarter, we’re seeing non-enterprise subscriptions go up, and while enterprise subscriptions aren’t necessarily down, they’re being overshadowed by consumer smartphone purchases. Winning the enterprise market may not be enough anymore to be a competitive smartphone manufacturer."