I've been using google voice for international calls. I'm charged 2 cents a minute. Is ... General Smartphones forum

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

skype vs. google voice

Advertisement

I've been using google voice for international calls. I'm charged 2 cents a minute. Is skype any better?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not familiar with Google Voice but sounds like you've got a good rate to me. Is that a a mobile ap?

Skype isn't available for the Blackberry yet - it's supposed to be released for the Blackberry in May.

What's currently available that I'm aware of is IM+ for Skype for the Blackberry from Shape Services. They have international calling plans - you can check their rates depending on your call destinations.

There's also Packet8 Mobile Talk - It also depends on where you're calling internationally but I think their rates are compatible with what you're using.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    There is a mobile app for the G1. I wish there was one for Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    There is a mobile app for the G1. I wish there was one for Blackberry.
    Yeah, I looked into it and saw that Google Voice doesn't apply yet to a number of mobile devices - all in time, I guess.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    ISkoot is a BB app for Skype use.

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu View Post
    ISkoot is a BB app for Skype use.
    Have you used ISkoot? Can you compare it's use to IM+ for Skype? IM+ for Skype uses a call-back feature when you call a Skype number from your mobile phone (BB in this case.) I just wondered if it works about the same.