Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all.I in my zeel to help someone figure out a solution to a tech ... General Smartphones forum

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no

Silly question about Twitter??

Advertisement

Hi all.I in my zeel to help someone figure out a solution to a tech type problem,I signed up a Twitter account.Now that I have the account and desiding to give it a chance since I have it anyway.I dowloaded a tiny twitter app after considering the options discussed here in the stacks.But now I'm at a loss at what to do with it.So here's my"Silly" question.What would you sudjest to someone who is not very good at idol chitchat, has no "twitter"friends,is over 40,and unsure if his being a Twitterer is a good idea at all?
    All comments,sudjestions and options are both welcome and appreciated.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

1pdanut no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm over 40 and while I don't have anything to contribute daily to my twitter (sorry to my two lone followers) I find it interesting to follow a couple of others (blackberry gurus and political themes). Until I update my own details and find additional creative uses for it, I enjoy having these updates at my fingertips!

stoehner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I'm the person you helped, and I'm in the same situation as you are. Not really sure what to do with this app. I am kinda talking (tweeting) myself at this time. I don't know enogh people with this to actual be able to play with it.

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This thread here has a list of fellow pinstackers and their twitter names, just start folowing some people look at who they are folowing and next thing you know youll be hooked on twitter, i wasnt at first but i added some fellow stackers, and my fav sports teams and things like that

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by stoehner View Post
    I'm the person you helped, and I'm in the same situation as you are. Not really sure what to do with this app. I am kinda talking (tweeting) myself at this time. I don't know enogh people with this to actual be able to play with it.
    Then maybe this Silly question of mine might help more than just me.That idea I like a lot.

Thank you both very much for your replies.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am new to twitter myself. I follow friends, PinStackers, tech sites, developers, news, bands and more.

I post pics, links to articles, and little blurbs about what's going on in my life. I am finding it quite addictive

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I am new to twitter myself. I follow friends, PinStackers, tech sites, developers, news, bands and more.

I post pics, links to articles, and little blurbs about what's going on in my life. I am finding it quite addictive
    Blackberry tech sites? That might be something I could use.

Yes many BB sites are on twitter. Its great way to get the latest news. I follow several and will add more.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Yup like Az said... thats how I get all recent updates to games, apps...etc Very cool, and addictive
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Azstar, clark kint, would the twitter then be a good replacement for my viigo app then?I mainly use it for new tech news and trying to find new apps to check out.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    Azstar, clark kint, would the twitter then be a good replacement for my viigo app then?I mainly use it for new tech news and trying to find new apps to check out.
    No I keep both cause on viigo I get sports scores plus when you look at any article there is a twitter tab at the bottom to post the article straight to twitter to share with your friends who might also be looking for new updates/news....etc. You really can do without viigo, but if you add rss feeds and your own links that you like to search on a daily basis then it comes in handy
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

I am finding myself using viigo a bit less. Several of my fellow twitterers do post from viigo frequently. But I am not giving it up yet.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Thanks clark kint for that info.It gives me something I can maybe work with to make my Twitter account useful.
    Hey stoehner you get any help out of all this?

My thanks to all of you who've replied to my"Silly"twitter question.I'm greatfull for ALL your inputs.I also welcome and thank in advance any new replies and ideas that anyone may wish to add.

stoehner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    How do I find people to follow? Or websites?

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Send me a DM with your twitter names and I'll follow u. As far as idol chit chat just say what ever comes to mind. Follow me and read some of my updates.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast