I've seen multiple threads on here about removing RMS database. Is that my only option. ... General Smartphones forum

jkannry no está en línea Stack level 1

RMS Database Prevents backup Cruve 8830

Advertisement

I've seen multiple threads on here about removing RMS database. Is that my only option. it is very clear that is what is choking my backup. My alternative is to manually backup all files except RMS for every backup.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The RMS database holds information on applications you've installed on your device for which you had to register. You don't have to remove the database, but you can clear it through the Advanced function in the Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore process.

RMS Database also holds the data for aftermarket software. For example, if you have a non-Blackberry photo application (like Ascendo) that edits/stores pictures, those pictures are kept in RMS. So, if you clear it you're erasing the data for these types of programs, too. What I do is to go to advanced on the DM backup, then choose everything except RMS.

Erase RMS

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    The RMS database holds information on applications you've installed on your device for which you had to register. You don't have to remove the database, but you can clear it through the Advanced function in the Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore process.
    This kind of avoids the question. Is erasing the RMS database worht the trouble. It seem slike from this thread and previous threads it ranges froma pain to painful??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I can't say for sure how this will effect the device overall, but you should be prepared to reload your OS, just in case.

Weill interestingly enough I wa sno able to manually back up RMS which couldnt do before.

I have two theories
    1.)Multiple reboots cleared out the problem
    2.)alarm software either webmessenger or todomatirx were generating alerts that were writing to RMS when I was synching. They aoccur frequently enough to overlap with synchronization. Would take hours of emailing and testing to prove but my successful backup was in an alarm free period. Only developers know if they use RMS