Over the past several years Klausner Technologies, Inc. has been making headlines by suing large ... General Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

RIM sued over visual voicemail patent, seeks indemnification from App World

Advertisement

Over the past several years Klausner Technologies, Inc. has been making headlines by suing large mobile companies, notably Apple and RIM, over alleged visual voicemail patent infringement on iPhone and BlackBerry devices. The company was founded by Judah Klausner — whose name sits atop the first PDA patent from 1978 (you can read more about him here). In 2009, Klausner Technologies named RIM in a lawsuit claiming ownership of several visual voicemail patents that RIM has filed and is now, obviously, making money from. Here is where the story takes a turn for the obscure…

[Read More]
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-25-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

tgowin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CF0B8B
    This is a horrible article not based on the facts as presented in the article. The writer should be embarrassed by the misrepresentation being made about what RIM is doing. The only value to reading this article is to see how someone can write something, post it on the internet, and people will believe it's true.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Kinda reminds me of that dude that sued Sony about the headphones used on the walkmans and what not back in the day. For shame. Recession=lawsuit frenzy=easy income
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The letter from RIM is merely an advisement to the app vendor that they COULD also be named by Klausner in the lawsuit for the infringement. It goes on to say that if they are, they have agreed previously to hold RIM harmless and can't sue RIM in any way to recoup the cost of the suit.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm going to pass on reading this one and trust everyone's opinion above

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Agreed. It does seem like the article was trying to make Rim look bad. I'll be more careful with my news reports :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    The letter from RIM is merely an advisement to the app vendor that they COULD also be named by Klausner in the lawsuit for the infringement. It goes on to say that if they are, they have agreed previously to hold RIM harmless and can't sue RIM in any way to recoup the cost of the suit.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Agreed. It does seem like the article was trying to make Rim look bad. I'll be more careful with my news reports :-(

Still news, but I blame the author of the report for trying to make it look like RIM was pushing it off on the developer. I am curious to see where this goes however. RIM seems to be getting sucker punched with the lawsuits lately.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    How is the Apple side of this doing? Sounds like he's trying to get some cash from Rim etc
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16