Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Hello all. * I am attempting to use Facebook and twitter to aid a local ... General Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Request: Social Media and a Ministry Outreach Ideas/Opinions Wanted.

Advertisement

Hello all. *

I am attempting to use Facebook and twitter to aid a local ministry in relaying and gathering information and aid for military personnel. *What I'm hoping to achieve is a way to communicate the ministries needs and goals, as well as provide for immediate needs and concerns to be posted, tweeted etc. * Facebook will be implemented and I am a newb in that whole area. There I will be concerned with a certain degree of privacy while remaining open to public. I also need to integrate twitter and links to other resources. I'm guessing using the "likes" links and such would suffice unless there's a better way. I would like your opinions and ideas in regards if you are willing. *

Twitter I honesty do not know that much about. Hoping really to use twitter as a means to broadcast immediate needs. Not sure whatelse to do with it, ideas helpful. I don't want to use it to broadcast senseless messages. *

Maybe eventually there will be a static website, but right now I think using social media will be more effective. * The ministry will be providing spiritual support and help for our military personnel. *I missed the meeting outlining its entire goals so that's the basics. Homeless vets will be included and I realize they may not have access to computers or smartphones to utilize these resources. I'm hoping to get some input from you folks on finding a way around this. That's a big hurdle. *

I'd like input on these topics if possible as well: *

Would you find it easier to respond to a call if it were through social media (would you be more likely to help as opposed to email)? *

Would you be intimidated to ask for a prayer or other help if your request were open to the public (generally). * If you were involved do you think twitter would be effective in getting messages out that are time sensitive? *

Do you feel that a timeline showing others involvement would encourage you to also get*involved, or would it be looked at as "there's already help. They don't need me"? *

This is by no means all inclusive. *Any suggestions are welcome.

Our goal is to extend the reach of this ministry beyond traditional church means. The world has grown and gotten smaller at the same time and the Church should embrace this to spread Gods word and be helpful to everyone who is in need. Reaching out should exceed our physical grasp, and that is the goal of this portion of this ministry. *

Lastly (and thanks for hanging in there this long) please feel free to add ideas. All are welcome to offer opinions, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Atheist, etc. I only ask we stay on topic. I'll debate merits of religion elsewhere. *

Thanks
    Jay

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    JF, I'm speaking from my own personal experience/perspective. I have used both Twitter and Facebook to ask for prayer and post scripture. For me there was no hesitation, though I do agree that some folks may be hesitant to ask for prayer or publicly discuss their religion. I say put it out there and let the Lord do the rest. If a person is motivated by the spirit, he/she will participate regardless of the venue.
    jfcooley, lak611 and iNurse like this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Jay, if you need help setting up the page, let me know. There are links and applications you can use to make it better. You can also link Facebook and Twitter accounts so that when something it posted on the Facebook page, it also goes out to the Twitter feed.

I'm not pushing my page here, but just to give you an idea of some of the things you can do: www.facebook.com/healthsourcenutrition
    jfcooley likes this.

Thanks Roger, that's what I have in mind.
    Waiting to get email accounts set up.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I know you can set up business account also. Not sure the privacy difference but it may keep your personal info out of the Facebook matrix.
    jfcooley likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good luck Jay. I'm sure it will work out quite well. We say, where there is a will, there is a way.
    Don't be smug either. Prayers are for all that need and like to share and give. Scriptures are the same.
    If people don't want to read, or pray that's their problem...and eventually, in time, our problem too. We're, and you are here to help.
    God bless.
    jfcooley likes this.

Thanks guys. Still feel free to add. I'm waiting to hear names etc to move forward. Roger I'm interested in what you were talking about.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I would agree with BHP77 in that you should either set up a business account or failing that a separate account specifically for the ministry, which would probably alleviate some of the privacy issues. Unfortunately I do not have very much knowledge of Facebook having only recently dabbled in it. For myself privacy is important but a lot of the younger crowd do not seem to worry at all about what information gets out there. I will be happy to help in any way that I can Good luck with this worthy cause.
    jfcooley likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Well Facebook and twit are up, with no content yet, but they're up. Look for "centurions in hope" and centurionsnhope on twit. Content to come.

Roger I'll be in touch when I get ready.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds good, Jay! Looking forward to doing whatever I can to help.

Bumping this.
    Hopefully will be able to add some info today since I'll see its organizer. Roger, I'll probably be hitting you up soon for the stuff you talked about.

I want to get this done. Work has been kicking my butt, actually went to bed early 2 nights this past week.

Please, if anyone has any input mention it.

KTW Guest
    perhaps simpler is better...did you consider to just SMS. not all people have facebook or twitter. besides I'm sure you're familiar with the simple sms...Email may be a good option to, but that means they would need access to internet...so I'd just use the well known SMS. besides...every one knows how to use it and its probably more available...you can use any cellphone. using a modem from a carrier you can manage and send messages via computer.

This ended up dying, although I badly wanted to get it up.

Its a long story, as they usually are. I have another project that is similar project for someone that hasn't provided me with additional info. So I'm stuck.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    j i wouldn't let it die.sounds like a good idea.i'm sure if it grew you couldn't handle it by yourself but you would be able to recruit cyber helpers.

KTW...good idea but this might be an addition instead of a replacement. sms is a lot more personal and local.facebook and twitter can reach the masses better.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

SMS is more personal and limits the end user involvement. The app would have allowed access to different content.

I kind of have to give up. The original thought was bringing this alive for reopening a church. That committee eventually opted to leave it to the district. My conclusion from that last meeting was that the conference has the resources to follow up on the idea. My schedule conflicts with new meetings so I had to bow out. So far though looks like the church is on its way. I intend to offer any help in any capacity once the new pastor is appointed.

The other was a social media setup that I'm at a loss for at the moment. I know the ministry was approved but I think a night priority has been put on other issues. Once those are settled I'm hoping to get its content going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast