Hello. I'm using Moodio to stream radio stations on a BlackBerry Verizon Curve 8330 in ... General Smartphones forum

trachshack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question re Moodio

Advertisement

Hello. I'm using Moodio to stream radio stations on a BlackBerry Verizon Curve 8330 in the NYC area. It works pretty well but I do get occasional skips and dropouts. I've tried changing the Moodio bitrate to different settings but this doesn't seem to do much, if anything.

Does the bitrate of the actual radio station matter in the equation? Many of the stations I listen to only stream at 128k but if a station gives you a choice of, say, 64k or 48k, would this make a difference, or is it only the Moodio bitrate that matters? I know that using these lower quality versions would affect the SQ of the station but I'm just trying to figure out if it would improve the stability of the stream. I'm thinking it would but I love the SQ of the 128k streams.

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think radio streaming skips from time to time. I still use Moodio for music and talk but haven't noticed any particular problems. I have the "set encoding" set to "auto mode" - I haven't noticed any choices for bit rate options with the stations I listen to so I haven't changed any of that.

Are you GSM or CDMA and do you always have a really good signal when you're streaming?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Moodio allows you to change the bitrate specifically for their program, and some stations allow you to choose, as an example, their 64k or 48k version, as opposed to their 128k version. I also have the "set encoding" set to "auto mode". I'm CDMA and believe I have a good signal given that I'm on Verizon in the NY area.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You should be ok on carrier/signal - that was just an after thought on my part. I've not seen a bit-rate choice for any of the stations I listen to but I would think that lowering the bit-rate MIGHT reduce the skps, etc. Have you tried any other streaming program like Pandora or Slacker? Both are free and you might try just to compare to see if they skip too.

I'm now on Verizon, 8330, in Little Rock (converted from Alltel) so we should be somewhat similar in circumstances.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks. Yes, I'm a Slacker Plus subscriber. It almost never skips.