I have a Curve 8130 from AT&T when I had their service. It is now ... General Smartphones forum

roberpic no está en línea Stack level 1

question about curve update

Advertisement

I have a Curve 8130 from AT&T when I had their service. It is now unlocked and I have service with T-Mobile. Would I download the updates for the T-Mobile equivalent or the AT&T one? I used as a tethered modem for my laptop, using the T-Mobile instructions and it works good most of the time. But lately it disconnects by itself more and more. I've tried to tether it with a bluetooth connection but I can not get that to work. Assistance would be apprecited. Thank you.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    That's a good question. According to your wireless signature (the small text in your post) your BlackBerry vendor ID is 102 which means AT&t. So if would suggest you getting the AT&T updates. Keep in mind that you can technically use any update for your BlackBerry model by just deleting the vendor.xml file from your computer.

What exactly did you do to setup tethering? I tethered for awhile and sometimes it would work and sometimes not. I then realized I never added the extra init code. When I added that the tethering success rate went up for me.

roberpic no está en línea Stack level 1
    For the tether I set it up under new network configuration. I called T-Mobile and they emailed my the instruction a few minutes later. It was written very clearly and went step by step. There was some code I had to type in that they provided.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102