Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been having problems with my BB Curve. It restarts itself multiple times every ... General Smartphones forum

tikim143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2087E5EB

problem with my 8310

Advertisement

I have been having problems with my BB Curve. It restarts itself multiple times every hour. It completely shuts off then reloads like I had taken the battery out then put it back in.

I had got some help from here, and customer service which I appreciated. But the reply on here said to go 2 the options and shut off the data port. Which made me unable to use anything (like browser) on my cell and make calls.

And the customer service told me to clear all the cookie cashe ect. Which I did, but it's still doing it.

Please help!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello, tikim143!

Sorry you are having issues with your device!

Have you done anything differently with your device as of late, such as upgrade the device OS or add any new applications or themes?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by tikim143 View Post
    I have been having problems with my BB Curve. It restarts itself multiple times every hour. It completely shuts off then reloads like I had taken the battery out then put it back in.

I had got some help from here, and customer service which I appreciated. But the reply on here said to go 2 the options and shut off the data port. Which made me unable to use anything (like browser) on my cell and make calls.

And the customer service told me to clear all the cookie cashe ect. Which I did, but it's still doing it.

Please help!
    Do you have the original thread? Shutting off data is odd thing to do.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Going to mobile network in options and shutting off your data shouldn't have stopped your being able to make calls.I'd try doing a battery pull.But if you've updated your os, I'd recomend redoing it or going back to the old os.Also I'd dump any apps that you installed right before this started.Updates and new apps can sometimes mess things up.I do hope your problem can be fixed both quickly and easily.

BethanyB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30AC44FA
    That was what my first bb curve was doing. I finally had enough and took it in to the tech reps at verizon they said it was a defective phone and give me another one.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    Thank you 4 tht info! I'm going to my local mobile service carrier 2-day to see if I can get lucky too! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyB View Post
    That was what my first bb curve was doing. I finally had enough and took it in to the tech reps at verizon they said it was a defective phone and give me another one.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    Yes, I had upgraded my OS to a 4.5. But that was looong ago. I've had it updated like tht 4 bout 3 or 4 months now and NEVER had a problem with anything else.

Do u think it's still possible 4 the problem to be associated w/ the upgrade of my OS?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hello, tikim143!

Sorry you are having issues with your device!

Have you done anything differently with your device as of late, such as upgrade the device OS or add any new applications or themes?

Yes, I had upgraded my OS to a 4.5. But that was looong ago. I've had it updated like tht 4 bout 3 or 4 months now and NEVER had a problem with anything else.

Do u think it's still possible 4 the problem to be associated w/ the upgrade of my OS?
    Do you have a media card in the device? Sometimes when an upgrade is done with the media card in the device, the media gets corrupted somehow causing just what you describe. The only problem here is that it's been so long since you did the upgrade. This would've started happening at the same time as the upgrade.

Just for grins, though, take the media card out and see if the issue resolves itself.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB

edit

(I may have just misunderstood what the guy was telling me 2 do)

Yes I do (I copied and pasted it)

With this reply, I'm assuming that you still do not have voice & data previleges from your carrier. Your problem may be because your device is trying to get updates. Since you're using the device as anything else than a phone, try this trick and see if it helps any.Go to Manage Connections>Turn all Connections Off. This will disconnect you from your network carrier. Then Mobile Network Options>Data Services>OFFI learned this trick from here. Hope it works for you.Big Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Do you have the original thread? Shutting off data is odd thing to do.
    Last edited by tikim143; 04-07-2009 at 10:54 AM.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    Ok ill do that then follow up w/ u on what happends.
    Thanks 4 the input!

Do you have a media card in the device? Sometimes when an upgrade is done with the media card in the device, the media gets corrupted somehow causing just what you describe. The only problem here is that it's been so long since you did the upgrade. This would've started happening at the same time as the upgrade.

Just for grins, though, take the media card out and see if the issue resolves itself.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    I bet u that's what was making my Curve reboot itself! I took it out of my 8310 and moved it 2 my 8100 pearl so I wouldn't loose it....and welll, my pearl has rebooted itself 3 times since I've placed it in there.

I'm still watching to see if my curve will reboot or not since I've taken the media card out.

Ok ill do that then follow up w/ u on what happends.
    Thanks 4 the input!

I bet u that's what was making my Curve reboot itself! I took it out of my 8310 and moved it 2 my 8100 pearl so I wouldn't loose it....and welll, my pearl has rebooted itself 3 times since I've placed it in there.

I'm still watching to see if my curve will reboot or not since I've taken the media card out.
    Hm. Well, I'm happy for you if this is the issue, but it's odd that it took so long for the device to start the reboot cycle after the upgrade!

If this is the case, though, the simple fix is to reformat the card in your Curve. Hopefully you already have all your media saved on a PC or laptop somewhere, but if not, you'll want to make sure to back up the media onto a computer prior to the reformat of the card.

To reformat the card, go to Options>Media Card. Press the BB menu button, then select Format Card.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Mine did that when I got my pearl. I put in the old sd card I had and it worked great for about a week or so. I did an upgrade on my phone about three days in to 4.5 with my card in, not knowing what I know now, and a few days later it shut off and rebooted. Then I went to my carrier asking why my phone did that and they couldn't figure it out. It took my friend to ask me if I formatted my card for my pearl to make me realize what was going on. He had the same problems, but he was on pinstack before I got on and he figured it out by reading posts about that problem.

In short, formatting your card should fix your problem. IF you upgraded to 4.5 with the card in.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    Ok, I'm almost 100% positive the media card was the problem. It hasn't restarted itself yet! Yay!! Lol thanks...

But I have another problem w/ formatting the card. (I'm definatly gunna back up all the info on my BB to a USB) I've never "formatted" a media card on my cell. I know exactly how to get to it on my phone, but no clue what 2 do once I get there?

So please give me a brief description of how to do that, and also maybe things definately NOT TO DO. If u don't mind that is?

Hm. Well, I'm happy for you if this is the issue, but it's odd that it took so long for the device to start the reboot cycle after the upgrade!

If this is the case, though, the simple fix is to reformat the card in your Curve. Hopefully you already have all your media saved on a PC or laptop somewhere, but if not, you'll want to make sure to back up the media onto a computer prior to the reformat of the card.

To reformat the card, go to Options>Media Card. Press the BB menu button, then select Format Card.

PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    I just wanted 2 post a short "Thank You" to everyone who replied with ideas of how to help me with my BB issue!!

SO THANKS EVERY1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast