just a quick question. i just bought a 30.00 pre paid SIM card on ebay, ... General Smartphones forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question pre paid SIM TMOBILE?

Advertisement

just a quick question. i just bought a 30.00 pre paid SIM card on ebay, activated with a phone number and i can add minutes to it. bla bla bla just to play with in my extra bb. so the seller emailed me telling me i can just call tmobile and change the number, add minutes. he gave me the phone number, DOB? im guessing (date of birth), PIN number. Ok, so this is my first SIM card purchase being pre paid and all and not really sure how this works. when i change the number and call TmOBILE do i just tell them i bought from ebay? why did he give me the PIN? what is the PIN for? why did he give me the DOB? i guess any info you can give me would be great..

THANKS
    CAMSHAFTER

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lol did it come with minutes? I hope so bc why would you pay 30$ for a $10 prepaid sim ? Anyway if you want to change the number yes you call cust care to change it. They ask you for the pin on the account for verification. Don't need the dob but sometimes they would've used the year as a pin. Also you know prepaid doesn't work w bb data?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    ask
    yea i know no data, i have wifi hooked up to it at home and this is just to play around with..any hoo, i dont get your comment 30.00 for a 10.00 pre paid sim? it has a 30.00 balance on it. the dude also said i can change the plan? oh and i can do a email address with it? and tzones. i am already with tmobile and have been for about 10 years or so even before they where tmobile so i know about tzones and all. just kind of looking for any and all info on how this works

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    oh I thought you meant you paid $30 for an active sim without having $$ on it..tmo ran a promotion for like 2months where they gave free $30 refills for activating a prepaid...

You can change the plan from either pay as you go (yours now is 33cents a min) or pay by the day $1/day, 10cents a min, free nights, free tmo to tmo

PIN/ID
    ask
    ok, yea i went to tmobile and checked it out..looks like i did purchase the dollar a day plan. which is pretty cool,how important is it to change the number..its a chicago number and i live in ohio. oh and whats this email address about that comes with it?