I have a Tracfone that cost $15 and I just buy minutes ... I use ... General Smartphones forum

judyserienagy no está en línea Stack level 1

Please give me basic guidance

Advertisement

I have a Tracfone that cost $15 and I just buy minutes ... I use maybe 200 minutes a year, mostly when travelling. I work in an office so everybody knows where to find me. I am on the internet all day and most of the evenings it seems, both to get work done and for entertainment. I'd like to have a phone when we're travelling so that I could access websites and do email when I need to. For example, if a flight is cancelled and I need to rebook it and change hotels, etc. I want to pay only for the time I use. I have no interest in apps, games, texting or anything other than making & receiving calls and occasional internet access. Am I naive to think I can have this service whenever I want it without paying a monthly fee? I would really appreciate some advice, I'm totally clueless.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Where are you located? Several companies offer pay as you go programs, including data programs.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    First of all welcome to PinStack. If you're going to connect to the Internet using a phone, you're going to have to pay a carrier for their data. It may be only $15 for 200MB of data on AT&T for instance, but you have to pay. I'm not familiar with pay as you go, but I guess it's possible that maybe they have a data pay as you go also, I'm not sure.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    my wife's android is pay as you go. Right now we pay 50 a month for "unlimited" text/web. We cut that back when needed.
    Several pay as you go offer different plans based on what you may need per month. As long as you keep something there (say $10) its ready to use as a phone. I don't have the plans for T-Mobile in front of me, but you can drop a bit more into your account as you need to use web.

Start with T-Mobile. Look at boost etc to see if coverage hits where you need. It possible to spend less than a regular plan if you use it little.

BTW, welcome to pinstack.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Almost sounds like you just want something wifi enabled like a iTouch
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

judyserienagy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for quick response

I live in San Jose, CA. I would imagine nearly every carrier is here, but what do I know?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nearly all the pay as you go have brochures for their service. Try Walmart or target.

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    I suggest Verizon only because they may be a little more expensive, but their coverage is unbeatable IMO. But have you checked out their Prepaid Daily Plans?

I believe it's $1.99 a day, only on days used, for unlimited mobile to mobile calling, unlimited nights & weekends, unlimited additional minutes, and $0.02 text rates. Plus I think you can add mobile web for an additional $0.99 a day, for days it's used.

You can find out more about it, and other Prepaid Plans here.. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp

Hope this helps, and good luck!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info