I know someone can help me....the problem I am having is the Desktop Manager is ... General Smartphones forum

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8

Pearl not recognized!!!!

Advertisement

I know someone can help me....the problem I am having is the Desktop Manager is not recognizing wiped Pearl. How can I fix this. Thanks in advance.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What version of Desktop Manager (DM) are you using? Windows Vista? XP? Please provide some more details and it will be easier to help you out.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    OK...I was using the latest version of DTM and it didnt work, so i downgraded (4.5) thinking that would work and still nothing. I using XP. Trying to load BB OS 4.5 on Pearl 8100

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I would try DM 4.7 and see if that resolves your issue. The DM version does not correspond to the BB OS.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Ok, I wanted to install a new OS on a Pearl and DTM wouldnt recognize the Pearl (and I tried several versions of DTM), I finally decided to try BBSAK, and it worked like a charm.....recognized and installed...... Thanks for suggestion Kaleb

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    ooops!!!! it came twice..

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Out of curiosity, when you connect your Pearl to your PC, does it recognize it as a removable drive? Does the BB Device Manager recognize it as connected?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    No, the PC did not recognize it as a drive neither did DTM recognized it as connected...."Device connected(PIN):None" thats what it said..

PIN/ID
    Ask
    This is usually resolved by updating the USB drivers from RIM. Do you use the same computer for the Bold mentioned in your profile?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Just saw this...yes, I used the same computer. When DTM didnt detect the Pearl, I tried the Bold then and DTM detected it. I still dont know what the problem was...luckily i had BBSAK, or the Pearl would be without an OS now. But with that problem solved, another one arose...what apart from coverage and charges could hinder a phone from sending and recieving calls??

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you are having issues with making and receiving calls? and this is after you installed the new OS? which OS did you upgrade to?

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Hey Cherri....well it wasnt making or recieving calls even before the upgrade, so i upgraded thinking that would help. I upgraded from a 4.2 to a 4.5. I notice that it only operates when it has "gprs". It doesnt work when it has "edge" nor "GSM"....i think thats weird. I havent activated a data plan on it as yet.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is this an additional line of service or are you switching SIMs out from your Bold? what kind of service do you get on your bold?

you may require some service books that were lost in the upgrade? if you are not wanting the extra data plan, put your bold sim in, switch the PIN here, resend service books then switch PIN back to bold. was the call issue the reason for the upgrade?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Someone else had a similar problem with the calls not going through when the phone went from edge to EDGE and it ended up being a hardware problem I believe. Have to look it up when I get home to my PC.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100