Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

I'm like most I think in that I like to try out any app before ... General Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I'm like most I think in that I like to try out any app before I buy it. There are times that the free version does everything I want and ads don't bug me so thats as far as I go. But it is a good idea to support the dev so they will keep making a good product. Plus most apps are only a dollar or two so thats not bad. But then I don't normally have that many apps on anything.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I am all for supporting devs, however I've been burnt once or twice.

I've had the Dev hold back refunding, wanting me to change a one star review to 5. That didn't go over well.

I've had an app that infringed on a copyright pulled. That's fine, but the Dev reposted the app without the offending issue and expected users to repurchase. That didn't go over well either.

I've got apps that are updated weekly that aren't even on the play store, which I've donated.

I have an app that was great when it launched with promised support, that was just abandoned.

I have one that worked great with ICS but not with JB. Dev promised that he could fix and hasn't gone back to that issue, refusing refunds or even to talk about it. The issue has since been fixed by others.

Some apps are gambles. I've started researching the people who make the apps more than the apps themselves....

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I've only had one app that has "burned" me. It was Epicurious. Bought it in 2010 and in 2011, they decided they wanted to put ads in the app. Just quit using it and wrote a review of why. A few bad devs shouldn't hurt the good ones. I'm iOS and have very little from the play store. I'm not sure how the refund policy works and how Google has it implemented for the devs. I can see it being a major headache for them though. They probably should just get rid of it all together. Let the devs offer a lite version and a paid. Seems less headache for all sides. Again, I want devs to make money. And I don't mind spending the money. I have a few apps that are $20. But they're very good apps and well worth the money.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I believe the Play Store still has a 24 hour refund policy. That's what it used to be and on the apps that I've bought I see the refund button appear right after download. This is something Apple should really put into place.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Play Store is only 15 minutes. Devs can refund after that at will but you have to go through them.

http://db.tt/MOWaRkWc
    Drop box folder with some stuff I've collected. Not all will work with all devices, and I'd avoid all (if there are any) .zip

I can answer some questions on them, but be warned I have a busy week. On day 4 of a 7 day stretch.

All are safe...ish.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Play Store is only 15 minutes. Devs can refund after that at will but you have to go through them.

http://db.tt/MOWaRkWc
    Drop box folder with some stuff I've collected. Not all will work with all devices, and I'd avoid all (if there are any) .zip

I can answer some questions on them, but be warned I have a busy week. On day 4 of a 7 day stretch.

All are safe...ish.

Thanks....I guess like giving us a grenade and saying,"just make sure you don't pull that pin thingy".

You can pull the pin....just stand over there...way over there.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    When you get time it would be nice to see a description of the apps and what phones they are compatible with. I'm dying to try the Exposed disabler. Will that keep people from peering into my soul?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I was just getting ready to do a take on Greenify. Used it for awhile then decided it was worth it and went for the donate version. If I think about it may have spent $25 on paid apps overall which I don't think is a killer. I make that much still getting paid for BlackBerry Themes so it's a wash for me.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    wut?
    What's a BlackBerry?
    Delfim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    When you get time it would be nice to see a description of the apps and what phones they are compatible with. I'm dying to try the Exposed disabler. Will that keep people from peering into my soul?

Everything in there should work on rooted devices. Xposed is in the xda forum I pm'd you. Avoid the zips (closed Disabler excluded, and you can't flash it anyway). Basically the .apk will either work on a device or it won't.

I keep device specific stuff in a different folder, so that folder is safe.....I believe. On break so will double check later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12