Hello everyone, I need help....my phone is on "EDGE"/"GPRS" but no data is transfered. What ... General Smartphones forum

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8

No data

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I need help....my phone is on "EDGE"/"GPRS" but no data is transfered. What could be the reason why the phone keeps going back to "GSM"?

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    .....and also....works perfect when on GPRS but hitches or work not at all on EDGE. This is just weird....need help badly.....thanks in advance...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    GSM is the type of communication network your carrier uses (i.e. T-Mobile and AT&T) and should have no bearing on your data transferring. This sounds obvious, but you do have a data plan correct? Also, you say the device is able to transfer data when it's on GPRS, but not EDGE? If the answer to both questions are yes, then I would try first, removing the battery for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and putting it back in.

If that doesn't clear up the issue, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and select 'Register' to re-register the handset on the network. You may also want to login to your provider's BIS (data plan) page and select the option to re-send the service books.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Thanks MS....but i did all that and its still the same thing, i even did a clean OS installation. I have come to one conclusionn, and that is, maybe they (my service provider) are working on upgrading their network and everything is not smoothed out yet....i only hope that's the case....thanks again

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by madlibran View Post
    Thanks MS....but i did all that and its still the same thing, i even did a clean OS installation. I have come to one conclusionn, and that is, maybe they (my service provider) are working on upgrading their network and everything is not smoothed out yet....i only hope that's the case....thanks again
    My guess at that point would be a hardware error. I would take it back to the service provider and have them replace it or send it off ::shudders at the thought::.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS