Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By catstide
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By anudamiana
  • 1 Post By anudamiana

Coming from the mindset of knowing nothing or very very little, here. This helps me ... General Smartphones forum

anudamiana no está en línea Stack level 1

New kid, here...And I'll admit I know nothing, yet

Advertisement

Coming from the mindset of knowing nothing or very very little, here. This helps me to learn a bit better...

I'm currently researching other phones, as my first experience with anything 'smart-phone'-ish has blown. I would LOVE very much to get input from others as to which carriers and which phones are the least restrictive regarding d/l's and implementation. As it is with many folks these days, money is precious and I'd like very much to not waste any more of it on a phone I cannot use as I'd hoped (again).

I hope this type of post is okay in this forum...if it isn't, please forgive the new kid and point me where I need to go.

Thanks for reading.

Many blessings,

Anu

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Need to know where you're at to help with carriers and phones. Also a little more as to what you're going to do with it.

And welcome to Pinstack

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Welcome Anu. You'll enjoy our company. That's for sure.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome Anu. We're here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by anudamiana View Post
    Coming from the mindset of knowing nothing or very very little, here.
    Don't worry, Anu - a lot of us don't know much either!! Welcome to our friendly forums!
    anudamiana likes this.

1 and.....
    anudamiana likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey it's only been since this afternoon. Let's see what happens.
    anudamiana likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    #onepostwonder
    anudamiana likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

....done
    anudamiana likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Need to know where you're at to help with carriers and phones. Also a little more as to what you're going to do with it.

And welcome to Pinstack
    Gee! Boy howdy a girl can get lost out here in this interwebs world of infinite forums a la techy phone stuffs..... I'm sorry for the delay...really no excuse except that I was hungry and ate the bread crumbs I was supposed to leave a trail back with. You would've too, though....they were banana bread crumbs.
    When I finally found an email from the forum--today--I clicked out of curiosity and was brought to a place that had more 'give a hoots' for a new kid than I've seen many places. Although my response has been slow to come thus far, I will do whatever I can think to to ensure better upkeep and participation on my end.

Where I'm at with carriers and phones...I decided to sell my very over committed soul to Verizon in exchange for a Droid Mini and a Samsung S4 Mini.

What I wanted/want to do with the phone(s) was to make use of them as I believe any paying customer should be free to. I was, at the time of my first post, mind-reeling over the no-contract 'service provider' I mistakenly trusted to be one of the better bets out in mobile land. I had purchased phones, paid for time/data, etc....damage done, upon my first attempt to download and install a third party app alleged to be compatible with our phones, I was schooled in the limitations placed on my phones by the 'service provider'. They were very unapologetic. I felt like a child who'd been set straight by their 'mum'.
    Not wanting to make that mistake again--I found your forum and asked for input/opinions/suggestions....

Then...I ate the bread crumbs... ran screaming from the first 'provider' who I think misunderstands the concept of a higher level of customer service retaining existing customers who have other options everywhere...and landed squarely in a two year commitment with Verizon...two years! And I didn't even get dinner first..I feel so cheap. :-)
    Last edited by anudamiana; 10-31-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: forgot something
    RogerG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Hey it's only been since this afternoon. Let's see what happens.
    Didn't someone say something like that when the Donner party was m.i.a.? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Don't worry, Anu - a lot of us don't know much either!! Welcome to our friendly forums!
    Thank you. I need a place to know not much with others not knowing much, too.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    #onepostwonder
    Uhm....well....now that's #FIVEpostwonder.....

....just sayin'
    RogerG likes this.