Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is everyones thought of the release of the Blackberry devices that we had in ... General Smartphones forum

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2

New Blackberry release

Advertisement

What is everyones thought of the release of the Blackberry devices that we had in 2009? What would the ideal Blackberry be for you?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think the addition of the TrackPad was a good move. I like the idea of trying to make the form factor the same for each new model other than size.

Now if we could just talk RIM into doing something with the OS the world would be perfect again.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    New OS
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    the track pad was a good move but a little too late IMO. Make an OS that works without all the bugs and a new UI. how hard is it to make an OS that works, Apple and all the droid devices seem to get it. They really need to get it together because apple took a chunk out of them and android is coming on faster than apple did. They need to do something quick in the first quarter of '10 or they may be in for a big downfall with all the new android devices due out in '10 and the new iPhone in june/july.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I think the Storm is one of the best looking touchscreen phones out there. But I just can't get a like in the mechanics. For me, I would love to see a standard type of touchscreen.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    And of course a non battery pull OS.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Hopefully RIM steps it up in the coming year and have better OS and devices than the one currently in the market right now. The touchpad is a nice touch though. I am loving the BOLD2. Wonder if the touchpad will replace the trackball for all other devices that will be launching?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    New people to write RIMs software!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    New people to write RIMs software!
    they need some fresh ideas-new blood
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    They need to steal some of Apple's guys.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't see what is so great about apple's UI..........frankly it is just a bland and pedestrian as BB's. Not to mention, in the two weeks I had an iPhone it froze, and I found myself wishing that I could pull the battery. (btw, I was aware of the hold down the home and power buttons restart)

I think that the 8900/9700 are the direction that BB needs to continue. I agree that the UI needs to be refreshed, and I think that will occur when the fully qwerty/touchscreeen hybrid devices are let loose.

My dream BB would be a 9700 with a touchscreen......PERIOD

PIN/ID
    Apple
    A touch screen that small, I don't see the point.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The touchscreen would be larger since you wouldn't need the trackpad, etc.............not much smaller then a pre or a pixi, and they seem to be useful.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    RIM is pretty late in responding to public input and preferences.

They are a long way behind, which poses the question: So What? Who Cares?

I care, but doubt that based on how they chose to operate in 2009, they will ever catch up in a timely fashion.

Prior to Christmas of last year most of the buzz was around the "first 3G" BB, the Bold 9000. And yet before releasing the Bold they released the "Storm" a device that hadn't even been talked about. And worse, a device that was from a sales standpoint a true loser.

Then after being extremely late in releasing the Bold 9000, there was a lot of bad press over functionality issues, and being pulled off the market in the UK. OS issues suddently moved to the forefront of BlackBerry ownership. It was a trial and error process of grabbing unofficially "leaked operating systems, rolling the dice as one installed it, only to find out it was only marginally better, if at all. Therefore they set the trend, which the followers bought into hook line and sinker. "Oh boy we get to waste time and see what happens".

In what many of us thought was RIM's attempt to restore the "top of the line status" to the Bold, they promised a new refreshed version with many changes and upgrades. Again in typical fashion it was all talk as the revealed the "Baby Bold / Curve 8900".

Many RIM loyalists saw this as the ruse it was. Other RIM followers continued to live in denial and accepted it as the most fantastic BB ever. Which in many ways is true, and not saying much at all.

Let's face it the most accurate assessment may be no assessment at all. It's only an "old school" BlackBerry.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Maybe RIM should have an advisory board or panel with people from Pinstack to let them know what is good and what they need to improve on. That will be a swell idea.

I too found myself trying out the iPhone 3GS cos I traded my 9000. Eventhough the apps are really cool and what not, I still don't dig the iPhone. Battery life sucks and you can't use any kind of charger. My battery will drain within one day. I rather have an iPod touch as my MP3 player and still have the Blackberry for a day to day cellphone. Berry trumps iPhone for me anyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast