Hey everyone... Quick run-down here... I'm on AT&T... I have the iPhone 3G and I ... General Smartphones forum

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Need Help With a phone change over...

Advertisement

Hey everyone...

Quick run-down here...

I'm on AT&T... I have the iPhone 3G and I would like to go back to my old 8320 Curve that I had on T-Mobile, that I only used for 2 months, before converting to AT&T and trying the iPhone. Basically I want to do this b/c I HATE touch screens & trying to type on my damn iPhone, not to mention, my BB was much more customizable (w/ Pinstack) w/o going thru all the hastle of iTunes for updating & syncing or trying to "jailbreak" my iPhone. I'm not very familiar w/ my iPhone and how to customize or "jailbreak" it so I prefer NOT to do this... I already had an incident where I crashed my iPhone 3 days into having it.

What I need to know: HOW to get my service -FROM- the iPhone (AT&T), to work on my 8320 Curve that was thru T-Mo. I know I need to unlock my T-Mo Curve, but I have NO IDEA how...

Step by step instruction would be very appreciated or if someone can contact me about doing it thru chat or over the phone, that would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So you want to use your 8320 on AT&T? Do you still have TMO service or are you just on AT&T now? If so, you should just be able to call TMO and tell them you want an unlock code for your device. From what I understand they are very accommodating in that regard and they will also give you the instructions on how to use the code.

If you've switched to AT&T, you can purchase an unlock code for the 8320 from any one of a number of service providers out there. I personally used www.freeyourcellphone.com but they're kinda pricey. I've seen others report that they've purchased a code from eBay sources for as little as 2.00.

Once you've gotten the phone unlocked, you'll need to have AT&T transfer your service from the iPhone to the 8320 (they also have an 8320 now), but as you know, you'll need to add a BlackBerry data package to your plan, replacing whatever data package you had for the iPhone.

Thanks for the input Roger! =)

I am currently on AT&T.

I'd also like to know if once I unlock my 8320 that's currently locked with T-Mo, for use with AT&T, is it something I'm able to use both devices, case one breaks down?! I ask this, cause with T-Mo, you have a sim card, and when my old 8320 crashed, I was able to put the sim card in my old 8700 and use that on T-Mo till my new Curve arrived. I am wondering if this will work on AT&T... somehow be able to switch back 'n' forth phones in case something were to happen to one?! Thats the big reason why I'd like to do this. If my iPhone were to crash, I'm screwed with using a back up phone b/c it's locked with T-Mo. and I didn't know if I could still use it w/o having to contact AT&T all the time to switch back 'n' forth between the Curve and the iPhone.

I'm also wondering just how easy it is to use those unlocking codes per that link you sent me... like whats the process and is it worth buying the "RUSH" version?!

Thanks!
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-14-2009 at 04:40 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, you can switch the SIM between devices.

It is very easy to use unlock codes. Regardless of where you purchase it, you will get instructions on how to use it.

Cool... Thanks for your help!!

And finally... how the heck do I get my sim card outa my iPhone 3G?!
    I took the phone outa the colored case I have and I see no door or anything where it would sit...

EDIT: ...nevermind... I just found the tiny door where the sim card is stored... holy crap that thing is hidden!!!
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.

My iPhone is quite nice... NOW that I've jailbroke it... LOL!!!

Would still be nice if the screen didn't swap from landscape to portrait all the time, it'd also be nice if their was a zoom on the cam, and it was more customizable w/o jailbreaking it... damn Mac and all their securities!!! LOL!!