I have seen in movies where people are using Blackberries and an incoming call only ... General Smartphones forum

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8

Name only in incoming call..

Advertisement

I have seen in movies where people are using Blackberries and an incoming call only the name of the caller, no number, nor whether its mobile, home or work. I am thinking its a software that does this. Anyone knows where i can find this?

rhaz76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B4FE92
    Quote Originally Posted by madlibran View Post
    I have seen in movies where people are using Blackberries and an incoming call only the name of the caller, no number, nor whether its mobile, home or work. I am thinking its a software that does this. Anyone knows where i can find this?
    Its CGI. What they do is show the phone & place a "incoming call screen shot" then they'll just show the name of the caller so "we" can see the person calling (if good & bad). This way they don't have to try finding "fake numbers". Like they use to give an area code & "555" and any last 4 that think of (or any dead lines) but since we have so many numbers in use, the phone companies are using the "movie numbers". So now lots of area codes are now putting "555" pre-fixes out as valid numbers.
    So yeah its an "enhanced image" showing the caller & not worrying about having to enter a phone number on screen when main thing is person calling. (Usually you'll see other person calling soon & can tell where calling from based on their location.)
    I hope that answers your question about screen shots of BlackBerry Phones in movies only showing name & not a fake # that maybe real & called a lot.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105