Hi everyone, I have a question. Does anyone use Metro PCS? I've been thinking about ... General Smartphones forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Question Metro PCS

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Does anyone use Metro PCS? I've been thinking about making the switch and get the blackberry they currently have available. I believe it is the 8330. I know that would be a downgrade for me but I'm just looking for a plan that's not as high as AT$T's. I've read almost everywhere that the total for a monthly bill should be no more than $50 for everything unlimitted. If you are a customer using blackberry on their network please let me know how it's working out for you? Do you enjoy everything out of it? or do you have some things blocked such as youtube (not that I use it) but would like to know in the event I ever decide to and Pandora ( a must) I gotta have my music . Please let me know if anyone's using. I'm in New Jersey so the reception can't be bad at all. I usually travel within the tristate area New York, Pennsylvania and of course around New Jersey. Thank you in advance and look forward to your advise on the matter. Thank you for reading.

Oh yeah, one more thing. How much will I have to pay for the phone? Can I use another 8330 on their network or do I have to get one from them? Thanks again.
    Last edited by raton; 08-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The phone is going to be 350-450 I believe. I don't have metropcs but I was thinking of getting it. Sadly the blackberry 8330 is only available for customers in florida right now, so I don't know if its going to work in the tri state area. Hopefully soon, it does. Another thing is the price isn't bad but the service is honestly sketchy. My sister has it and its good reception in some parts and low or none in others. Another thing was the data speed is only 1x. I had sprint and loved the EVDO but when it started acting up I got ATT, yea price is a little high but I love my blackberry with them. Juat as fast if not faster than my berry on sprint. You can use another 8330 on metro but you would have to flash the phone. There was a post on the stacks about flashing the phone. Metro, is willing to flash any cdma device you want to bring to there service. Hope all this info works.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you very much for the info. I guess I'll tough it out till the new onyx or driftwood arrives at Tmobile and switch over because att's getting outta control with their billing. Well, I found out I have to pay $175 to cancel my plan so it's not so bad. I figure once I sell my phone which is in great condition only one month old I'll get the money to pay for it and open a new acc with tmo . Thanks again for the info. I agree with you that you basically get what you pay for. Fine, I'll get unlimitted everything for $50 but the service is not quite up to par yet. Oh well, the search goes on. Thanks again for your input ...made my decision a lot easier.

No problem raton.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I didnt even know Metro PCS had BB's! Ive been seeing Metro stores pop up all over NYC! didnt know they were getting as big as they are!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Yea, there stores are everywhere in NYC. Just the blackberry is only for sale in the florida market. Believe it or not they added some 450,000 new customers the last quarter. Also there going to launch LTE 4G sometime in the next 2 years. Maybe then I jump over to them.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by dakid2k6 View Post
    Yea, there stores are everywhere in NYC. Just the blackberry is only for sale in the florida market. Believe it or not they added some 450,000 new customers the last quarter. Also there going to launch LTE 4G sometime in the next 2 years. Maybe then I jump over to them.
    I heard they're supposed to hit 4g next year. Early in the year I read somewhere. But, I'll just wait and see. I just wish they'd release a more advanced bb not to knock the 8330. I mean they should release the new models such as the tour since it's also cdma.
    Last edited by raton; 08-19-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Me too. Just sit and wait to see what happens. Maybe they will release the tour when LTE is up and running. Who knows

bfix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30AE1C18
    I just got the 8330 for metro. I got off the crackberry binge for awhile because i couldnt pay for it, so as soon as i heard metro had one i wanted to jump all over it but i couldnt fork over $400 for it. Yesterday they put a sale out for $299 with a $20 mail in rebate. So i jumped all over it. So far the pin works, internet works, gmail apps ok, had a little prob. dl facebook but i got it as well as gmail. It set up the email brauliogarcia@metropcs.blackberry.com as well as my gmail. The facebook link is working, but i cant upload pictures and im pissed, but not enough to get off the crackberry binge (i really missed my bb) expecially for about $60 a month w/taxes. Now how do i fix my problem with the mobile uploads? From the looks of it we might need a whle new section just for the metro. HELP!!! You guys always did when i had tmo, usually saved me about 22 hours. What do i do? Email me, pin me, text me, what ever! I know this isnt going to be the last issue! oh and by the way the reception is OK still a metro but its a bb metro

bfix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30AE1C18
    So I called metro. Looks they don't hav e the tech. To upload pics to facebook, they also don't support pandora. They didn't tell me they don't support pandora but it just doesn't work. So looks like they have some bugs to work out. All my other facebook functions work. I'm gonna try to upload to myspace next. The email linking works also. I have multiple gmail acc. Linked to my phone and they fine. I don't know about corp. Server acc. Though. This should be fun! I hope my phone supports when they switch to 4g or make their improvements. If not that will suck.