I have a blackberry curve 8330. My phone seems to be running slower than usual ... General Smartphones forum

Ajocto83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302c620a

memory question

Advertisement

I have a blackberry curve 8330. My phone seems to be running slower than usual probably because I have so many apps - is 21286430 Bytes not much? That's what my phone says I have left. Help and advice?
    Thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    No, that's actually pretty good, although your device has more memory than most of the older devices.

There's a link in my signature called the Technical Support Blog. In it you will find information on how to clean up memory.

It's always a good idea to do some general housecleaning on a weekly, if not daily basis. This can include deleting e-mails and texts as well as unused applications. You'll also want to use the Memory Cleaning utility in Options>Security Options, delete the Event Log (from the homescreen, press and hold the left Alt key, then type LGLG......when the log appears, press the BB menu button and delete the log), and clear your browser cache regularly (open the browser, press the BB menu button, scroll to and select Options, then Cache Operations and clear out all the items in there).

Also make sure that when you're not using an application that you have closed out of it completely so it is not running in the background. To see what apps you have currently running, press and hold the left Alt key, then press the Esc key (to the right of the trackball) continuously to scroll through the running apps. If something is running that you don't need, make sure you completely exit out of the application.

Once you've done all the above, do a soft reset or a battery pull to reallocate your free space and that should speed things up a bit.

Hope this helps!

Roger

Ajocto83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302c620a
    Wow excellent I will try now. Thanks!

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I'm using a Bold right now and while its a little big for my small hands it is a wonderful phone. Get this. I'm running at full speed, nothing is slow and my available on board memory is 4591696 Bytes.

That's horrible but its not keeping me from doing anything I want. I will do some house keeping soon though.

~ Amie ~

P.S. To my Special someone. I love you with all my heart but what do we do?
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Moller212 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had no problem inserting my micro SD card in my phone. My question referred to the phone's compatibility with a micro SDHC card. I have been told that some devices designed to use a micro SD card are not compatible with the micro SDHC card even though the form factors are the same.

Moller212 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Opening the cover for the first time was very scary. I was so worried that I was going to break it off. I'm glad I got the touchstone. Having to do that every single time I want to charge would get old very fast.