Thought I'd post this to see how some people burn through data. Two parts... What ... General Smartphones forum

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4

Maximizing Data Consumption?

Advertisement

Thought I'd post this to see how some people burn through data. Two parts...

What apps or services do you use that burn the most data? That is, if using the most data was the goal how would some of you accomplish that?

Please post your platform if necessary and any other information you might find interesting.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/2548; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Wouldn't the opposite generally be most folks objective? Anyways generally tethering, that is using your BB has a modem for a PC or laptop would be the most effective way to burn bandwidth, and then streaming apps like Pandora, Slacker, Sling Player Mobile.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Wouldn't the opposite generally be most folks objective? Anyways generally tethering, that is using your BB has a modem for a PC or laptop would be the most effective way to burn bandwidth, and then streaming apps like Pandora, Slacker, Sling Player Mobile.
    I guess it would depend on the person and his or her plan. As for me I have an unlimited data plan. I average about 1.5 GB per month on normal use. More data used by me would be more data for my money seeing as it's a flat rate.

Just seeing what apps use up the most data for others.

It would be cool if my device could let me know what is using the data and how much.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I don't know of any apps that use the most memory in particular but tethering sure does use a lot. The youtube app (or just going to youtube on your browser) uses a lot of data. Especially if you are downloading the videos to your phone.