Hey Pinstack!... Quick question for everyone... iPhone vs. BlackBerry vs. HTC -vs- Any OTHER Smartphone?! ... General Smartphones forum

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Lost! TOO MANY Smart Phones to choose from!?!?!

Advertisement

Hey Pinstack!...

Quick question for everyone...

iPhone vs. BlackBerry vs. HTC -vs- Any OTHER Smartphone?!

Currently I'm on AT&T (in a contract still...) so a phone thru them would be prefered.

Items that I use a LOT on my device are:
    music, photos, internet -&- customization of ringtones, icons, colors -&- text tones...

Trying to figure out what to trade my iPhone in for next month...
    I've looked at Blackberries as I've had the 8700 and the 8320 Curve and now the iPhone 3G and both are a love/hate relationship. Can't seem to find a phone I TOTALLY LOVE...

- - - Few things I've noticed that would be nice to fix with my next device:

Pros of my past Curve:
    - The Customization of colors, font changes, icons, ringtones, text tones, Plazmic
    - LOVE the QWERTY keyboard (able to type quicker)
    Pros of my current iPhone:
    - Aps, 16g storage, high quality graphics

Cons of my past Curve:
    - Slow loading time, lower quality of graphics
    - Have caused it to freeze up several times
    Cons of my current iPhone:
    - Absolutely NO CUSTOMIZATION available w/o major complications from 'jailbreak'
    - HATE the touch screen keyboard
    - Have caused it to freeze up several times

So if any of you can give me a quick run down of some GREAT Smart phones and why, it'd sure help me out for a future purchase...

Thanks! =)

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    without much explanation to you inquiry, i would suggest that you go and play with the 9700 from att. if you use it with the software it comes with, and dont fuddle with trying to do much beyond apps known to work, you shouldnt have many, if any, OS issues... the screen isnt large when compared to iphone/storm(2), but its a good overall device when considering the other things you mentioned. im biased toward bb because of BB msngr, and email handling... if those arent major concerns, you could have fun with a myriad of other devices... im not sure how easy it is to play with colors, text, and themes on a winmo, android device, but those would certainly be options as well.

my runner up device, if i wasnt so intertwined with BB msngr, would be the moto slide screen droid from verizon... but again, i dont really care that much about customzing what the colors or themes are... i care more about how well it handles web browsing, email, battery life, and OS stability (hence my two choices).

goodluck... and if you have a more specific question, please let us know and we'll try to help. in any event, it seems that the iphone wasnt what you had hoped for it to be, so its time to find something more suited toward your wants/needs and the best way to do that is to go and play with various devices.
    I'm a born again Androider

Thanks for your input... =)

With customization being a huge deal for me... I also care about how it handles... I remember my old Curve freezing up on me a few times (might've had something to do with the 8 gig micro card load time... since I had so much music... LOL!!) I've also froze up my iPhone a number of times recently too... the whole screen has just stopped functioning before, even if I go to try 'n' re-boot it.

In my area, I only have access to Vzn and Sprint... I've had T-Mo and AT&T now b/c I'm able to get their signal here w/ good quality, but have had to buy their phones when I'm visiting other cities. Right now AT&T is cutting me a deal to purchase a phone online & order thru CS when I'm 6 months into having my iPhone which will be next mo. (usually hafta wait a yr. for the deal on upgrades)

So overall, something customizable (ringtones, themes, etc...) , good graphics, stable, able to handle a large load of media... right now my iPhone has over 800 songs on it. LOL!!

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had the Bold 9000 and now the 9700. The 9000's screen is a bit bigger than the 9700 but the quality is better on the 9700. Sound quality is great out of both but I really like the 5.0 OS and what it has brought to the blackberry. I think you would like this type of keyboard over the curves as well. The device is pretty quick and there is plenty if customizable features. I second the 9700.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I have used my brothers 9700, but have to say that the 9000 BOLD is the true winner hands down. (I have two) black and white, running 5.0.0.411 and it is truly the Cadillac of Blackberry's. Its qwerty keyboard is the best out there bar non. I have an 8g card in it and the screen picture quality is truly amazing.....you would not regret it as your choice (your choice of ATT however...) Good luck!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Beware the 9700 is a huge disappointment.

It's a great Curve, but a horrible Bold.

Thanks for all the input everyone...

Right now I have my iPhone jailbroken so I'm liking it a lot more, but I still think I might do the change over to a Blackberry again next year... just not sure which yet...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Hold out for the new iPhone. Thats my opinion. if you just jail broke your iPhone recently then keep playing with it. Going back to a BB at this point with the trouble they're having is pointless. The 9700 is great but its not an iphone, look in the forums of each device, BB(all models) "problem with this... problem with that... so on and so on". iPhone- " how do i..., what app for this," android the same thing. BB has too many issues right now. This is coming from a BIG BB supporter, keep your iphone and wait for the new one.

Thanks for the input BHP77! =)

I'll probably stick where I'm at till next spring or so when my yr. w/ AT&T is up, then might look at phones. =)