Hello all, I currently use BB 8300 curve/AT&T. Looking to upgrade this weekend. I use ... General Smartphones forum

ajonz no está en línea Stack level 1

looking to upgrade

Advertisement

Hello all,

I currently use BB 8300 curve/AT&T. Looking to upgrade this weekend. I use email, internet, text, downloading invoices, spreadsheets, etc.. Need help making decision.

Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you're looking to stay with BlackBerry, you really need to go into the store and "fondle" the available devices, the Bold and the 8900. See what feels best in your hands. iPhone is definitely worth a look, too. Do you have 3G in your area? Something to think about if you're considering the Bold.

Ultimately, it's up to you as to what feels the most comfortable to you.

I'm in the Wash. D.C. area I believe 3G is here. I would like to stay with BB and have held the 8900 and Bold. Both are great phones. The reps in the stores are no help when asked to explain features. I don't mind spending the money if I know I'm getting the best phone. Thanks, RoGro

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm waiting for the Onyx to drop on AT&T which is supposed to happen this year, but if I had to do it now, I'd probably go with the Bold.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my Bold and have friends that love their 8900's. We are all waiting to see if the Onyx comes to AT&T and which of us is going to jump on it first if it does.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either the Bold or the 8900 but I'm really intrigued to see how the new touch pad works on the Onyx. I hate a sticky trackball.

When is the Onyx coming. What are the features. Will it have a flash player. If its a better phone I will wait. I'm trying to get around that mandatory data plan ATT is supposed to put in effect around 9/6/09

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's rumored to be sometime in November. As far as flash I think RIM may be working on adding that to their next internet browser but I don't think there will be a stand-alone flash component for BlackBerry's.

Thanks RoGro!
    Thanks alryder!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by ajonz View Post
    When is the Onyx coming. What are the features. Will it have a flash player. If its a better phone I will wait. I'm trying to get around that mandatory data plan ATT is supposed to put in effect around 9/6/09
    like alryder said-its rumored to be in Nov., but with AT&T who knows? If you cant wait, like Roger said go for the Bold or the 8900. Ive had both and both are superb devices.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red