Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, that didn't take long. Just the other day BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.52 was leaked to ... General Smartphones forum

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Leaked: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.54

Advertisement

Well, that didn't take long. Just the other day BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.52 was leaked to the interwebs and now we have .53 floating around and most importantly .54 is now up for OTA download. Word of caution of course it's NOT official by any means so if you decide to download make sure you at least make a back up first. Also note, only 4.7 + and higher plus the servers are likely being crushed with requests so if you are not able to download it the first time, just sit tight till the rush passes.
    Grab The OTA Download Of The Leaked BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.54>>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by automan69; 12-12-2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'll be curious to see how this one fares. The 1st 5.0 caused me LOTS of trouble. Hopefully, now that's 5.0 has got a few iterations and has settled down this will only be an improvement over a few of the glitiches that are out there.

One glitch I have is that, when I get a new BBM from any of my contacts, clicking on it results in NOTHING. In order to read it I have to go click on any of my other contacts 1st and then return to click on the new message and I get the message. Anyone else experience that?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    First thing I notice is when ending chat you know have the option (yes or No).
    Second thing is, in bbm options there is an 2 extra options (Auto Accept Voice Notes)and (Delete back up files).
    If I find more I will post more.

Update: I have compared my Storm1 with Storm2.
    In Storm1 in menu options there is Back up/ Restore and Delete. They done away with this in the new bbm and put it in bbm options instead. Like this as less to scroll in menu options.

Update. In the storm1 at the bottom of screen you have 5 icons. I could never get the Contact Profile icon to work, it would scroll down my contacts. This is now fixed on the leaked bbm.
    Last edited by automan69; 12-12-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Update
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    Any other significant differences between the .52 and .54? I just installed the .52 the other day. Is there a good reason to upgrade at this point?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I also just upgraded to the .52 a couple of days ago...
    downloading the new .54 we'll see what happens
    here we go!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Has anyone checked to see if you can swipe your finger to the left on an open conversation to delete it?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    for some reason I had a HECK of a time with that download, but persistence pays off in the end and it is now running smoothly on my phone.
    the only issue is that since it took like 4 or 5 tries, replacing a different amount of files each time, I lost my list and I forgot I didn't have auto backup enabled, so I reverted to a list that is about a month or so old... other then that things seem to be working well.
    I have not played with the media side of it yet, restoring my list right now but will post back about it when I get a chance
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Haven't noticed any difference in this versus .52 yet on my 8900. With such a small step in version numbers, likely just a bug fix or two.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Apple
    file transfer speed was increased with .54

Are any of you running this on a BB still using 4.5 OS? I'm running 4.5.0.160 with BBM 5.0.0.33. If there's any good reason to upgrade I'd do it. I don't have time now to deal with BB problems though...until AFTER Christmas. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    What am I missing here guys ? I have version .55 (downloaded yesterday). It seems to work ok ...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    delf, .55 or .56? .56 was released yesterday......fixed some issue with spell checking and maybe some other minor issues.

I saw the .56 announcement too. Didn't know there was a .55 too. (?)

Are you using the .56 Roger? I wonder how far I can go with the 5.0 BBM on 4.5. I'm SO behind in my device now.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, I got the .56 downloaded this morning, JB.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    JB, I did the .56 update on an 8330 this morning with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast