Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By chokem

Dear friend,* I am Mrs Mei Changpu and i have been suffering from ovarian cancer ... General Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

KTW, you're in Africa, make me rich.

Advertisement

Dear friend,*

I am Mrs Mei Changpu and i have been suffering from ovarian cancer disease and the doctor says that i have just two days to leave.I am from (Lhasa) China but based in Africa Burkina Faso,since eight years ago as business woman dealing with gold exportation.Now that i am about to end the race like this,without any family members and no child.I have 3 Million US DOLLARS in Africa Development Bank (ADB) Burkina Faso. which i instructed the bank to give St Andrews Missionary Home in Burkina Faso. But my mind is not at rest because i am writing this letter now through the help of my computer beside my sick bed.*

* I also have 4.5 Million US Dollars at Ecobank here in Burkina Faso. and i instructed the bank to transfer the money to the first foreigner that will apply to the bank after i have gone that they should release the fund to him/her,but you will assure me that you will take 50% of the money and give 50% to the orphanages home in your country for my heart to rest.You are to contact the bank through this email address: ecobankburkinafaso@yahoo.com*

Yours fairly friend,
    Madam Mei Changpu.

Received this email today, and I figure since you're in Africa maybe your help a brother out. Go ahead and keep enough to cover lunch and bus fare.

My reply
    Dear Mei,

I want to say its tragic that you only have 2 days to leave. I'm not sure where you are leaving to, but since you can't take your money with you, I'm glad you contacted me.

I have a guy in your country who will be more than happy to come to your bed side meet for arrangements. While I understand you are leaving I ask that you wait just a bit longer.

I will be thrilled to give the children 50% of the loot..er funds. I would like you to be aware that I live in the US. This means I will be required to pay quite a bit in taxes and fees. This being said I believe the children should receive 50% of what is left afterwards. A quick bit of math brings the total available to those poor dear children to be approximately $50. Being generous and kind hearted, I will add $10 from my half. Its the least I could do.

Thank you,
    Jay Cooley
    Delfim and chokem like this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So good to see how kind hearted a fellow stacker can be, especially to a lady with such an unusual name who is leaving to some strange place where the financial system no longer works. Funny that she is not on LinkedIn or other social networks nor can show be found as a senior member of a company. Maybe she is acting incognito?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Looks like a scam...but why not take a holiday in Africa (I'd really like to see you in person) especially if youll be paid several million dollars for it ?

once you have the cash, legislation will be a BIG problem. SARS will tax about 14% if not much more. To get it out the country cheaply. release the cash in small amounts to your bank account in the US.

What are you going to do with the money anyway ? apart from giving $60 to charity...

And then we come to the email address of the bank...note : it's a Yahoo email account...banks use email accounts with their own domain. (that email address does not look legitimate, especially not for a bank)

also I noticed in the email you received, it says "leave" -not "live"...sounds like an immigration attempt.
    Last edited by KTW; 06-22-2013 at 02:02 AM.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    (sorry for the double post in 10 minutes-pinstacks what's new is not working)

Talking of strange emails. I got one from what I could tell a Muslim lady (i have nothing against Muslims). she told me I was selected for an "inheritance" and apologized for not using normal means of introducing herself...odd

I didn't reply.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You guys didn't read properly.
    She's Madam My Shampoo of Burkina Faso, and she's been sent packing! You know, Madam...?
    Africa is a massive place, and KTW is down south Jay. To get up there where she is (or was), is quite a trip. He'll never make it in time.
    Geez, what's wrong with you guys?
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-22-2013 at 06:01 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    But I want my money, and somebody PLEASE think of the children!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You can have some of mine. According to the emails I've gotten, I have several million dollars in Great Britian, Nigeria, and Jamaica .
    Delfim likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red