Well my BB friends, I have jumped ship from my 9700 running 6.0 to the ... General Smartphones forum

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I've jumped ship my friends...

Advertisement

Well my BB friends, I have jumped ship from my 9700 running 6.0 to the Samsung SGH-i917! Windows 7 phone. I've had it for about a week now and I'm pretty impressed by it's performance so far. Microsoft still has a lot of work to do to maximise it's potential, and apps are still being written. I think that this will be a very big hit for Micosoft and Samsung. We'll see...by the way, I still have my favorite 9700 in a safe place.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Keep us posted on how you like it, Ray! We'll need your expertise on the device here on the forums!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I too will be interested in your experience with your new phone. I can see a lot of advantages just in the fact that Apps will match the PC. However I do wonder if you will have to run anti-virus/anti-spam software, and how vulnerable the phone will be to these problems.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good luck with it Ray, keep us posted.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Well I have an update...so far the phone is really amazing. The resolution is unbelievable, and the 1Ghz processor makes navigation a breeze. Voice and audio quality is top notch. It's a very attractive handset that seems to catch the eye quite a bit. The live tiles feature is flawless so far. I am really enjoying this Focus handset...but I always look at my 9700 and sigh. The People hub is absolutely brilliant, it links all of your contacts to sites like Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. When you view that contact, ALL of their info is there...even their latest posting to social networks. On the downside, the apps are very expensive compared to BB and iphone. Most apps seem to be from $3.99 to $6.99 and up...in price. Apps are coming in very fast...up to around 4500 in about a month. The OS is very snappy with very little to no lag, but there is a LONG way to go. No cut/copy and paste, and no customization...it's locked down tight. You can't even add your own ringtones...period. There are numerous flaws that I have discovered, for one...you can't search for a phone number in Google, find that number and call it from there. Since cut/copy paste is not there, you have to write the number down and then dial it. That is just an example of one of the shortcomings that I have found. The Focus has 8gigs of memory installed and as of right now, you can't add an SD card...it gonna require some special highfalutin ultra fast memory thats not even on the market yet. Rumor has it that January is the month for a huge update that will address most of the issues that people have found...we'll see. Microsoft is very interested in what users are thinking and saying about Windows Phone OS and actually ask for feedback. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by RayZ; 12-31-2010 at 10:22 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Interesting observations, Ray, thanks!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    There is alot of great devices out there, glad you found one you are happy with. Thanks for sharing your feedback and information with us

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am interested to know what the Internet speed is like. I always felt that the speed on my BB was fairly slow. How does your new phone compare?

Dollface5566 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow,really? Maybe I should have a try since i am looking for one.
    Hi, nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I am interested to know what the Internet speed is like. I always felt that the speed on my BB was fairly slow. How does your new phone compare?
    Actually it is quite a bit faster than my 9700 was. It renders very fast, even on the 3G network. This Samsung Focus has a 1ghz processor by Quallcomm. I believe that the added processor speed makes a huge difference. It comes with 8 gigs of memory and you are able to add another 32 gigs via an SDHC micro card. Samsung recommends the SanDisk as SD of choice. I really like this smartphone =) I noticed that you are using an iPhone 4 my wife also has one and we did an experiment the other night We were on the same WiFi network here at home and raced to see who could load the same page faster...it seems that some pages were loaded faster by my Windows phone and some loaded faster with her iPhone...unsure why, unless it had something to do with the page having HTML5 ????
    Last edited by RayZ; 01-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.