Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Blackberry 8330 but cannot figure out how to send pictures or videos ... General Smartphones forum

kevinbrooks no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I'm Stuck!

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8330 but cannot figure out how to send pictures or videos to a messenger contact.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    There's three ways for pictures. None for video except email.
    1. Take picture> menu> send to messenger contact.
    2. Open conversation> menu> send file> locate said file and select it.
    3. Open media> pictures> select wanted picture> menu> send to messenger contact.

As far as videos the easiest way would be to do it via bluetooth. Unless they're farther than 50 feet from you, then that's where the email comes in. If your email provider let's you send large size data files.

Hope that hels a little.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Thank you, but I seem to still have a problem. Once the send to messenger contact was selected a box comes up select a contact *EMPTY* but It doesnt let me select a contact; I can only select cancel. How can I select a contact from here this point? You are absolutely correct on sending videos with only email but the sending pictures from contact messenger driving me crazy!

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    Are u trying to send through bbm?
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.153 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

If you are trying to use bbm, do you have any contacts? That would be my only thought as to why they wouldn't show up. If you're trying to sebd them to your phone contacts it won't work like how I explained.

No, just trying to send a picture regularly to a contact

Well then that's something different. Do you have MMS capability? And does the recipient have MMS? If not the only way to do it will be bluetooth or email.

yes I have mms....????

Ok, does the person you want to send it to have it also? If so there shouldn't be a problem. Compose MMS attach file and send. If they don't have it, then the message won't arrive. It'll look like you sent it, because you have but it won't make it to the other side.

I follow your steps so good so far until I get to the step where I select wanted picture and then I go to to select messenger after hittn the trackball a box appears *EMPTY* select contact I select empty box it takes me back to the picture or either I can select cancel

Ok, this is what you have to do. Forget what I said in my first post, LOL. That was something completely different.

Now when you're sending MMS messages, you should still be able to select a picture and hit menu and you should have an option that says Send MMS. I think. I don't have it on this phone but I've seen it on the Pearl I had.

You should also be able to go into your contacts and select the person and hit menu and click compose MMS if I'm not mistaken. But again, they HAVE to have MMS also.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Question

I followed your steps and when I get to the selected picture. I then go to menu select contact messenger......a yellow boxs appear*EMPTY* select contact how do I select contacr from this point. I can only hit the yellow empty box which takes me back to the picture I selected or cancel

When I select a pic I go to menu ....no mms......only send to messenger contact.....send as email......send using blue tooth....etc

You shouldn't be selecting a messenger contact. It should be a regular contact.

If you start from your contacts list you'll be able to select how to send it to them. Select your contact, hit menu and select MMS contact. That's the only way I can think of how to do it.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Smile

I figured it out I thought because I had contacts in my addresse book that would do. I needed to go to blackberry messenger and add contacts because that list was completely empty that explained the yellow box EMPTY............Thanks for all of your help..........I think that is what you were sayn somewhere in this forum.........thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast