Why can't icon order and the content of folders remain constant after installing a new ... General Smartphones forum

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Icon Order and Folder Content?

Advertisement

Why can't icon order and the content of folders remain constant after installing a new theme? Is there some fundamental OS programming reason why icon order cannot be set as a "default icon order" and then modified, if needed, when a new theme is installed? It seems that the logic of how and why icons appear after a theme is installed and activated is rather random. Typically, when I install a new theme, I get all of my email boxes listed first and then all the rest of the icons sort of show up. Rarely in the same place.
    Also, once an icon has been put into "Setup" or "Applications" why can't it stay there from theme to theme? If I create a new folder, why can't it show up on all new themes when installed?
    Is anyone else tired of constantly having to re-order icons when a new theme is installed? Surely there must be some way of solving this issue??
    Thanks,
    dds911

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes, there is. The theme builder would have to rearrange the order of the icons. Meaning the sequence in which you would like best. However, if you have some funky application or whatever you have that would it to be on the homescreen then you would absolutely have to drag that out to the first row and so on for other applications you may have that are not stock applications. You have to remember that when you first got your phone you did have to rearrange icons around to have them how you wanted them. Theme builder accomodates the icons to the stock set up. So, as I mentioned before the theme builder would have to rearrange these in order to fulfill your needs. Hope this helps.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?