the instruction manual does not show how to insert the SIM card, only an image ... General Smartphones forum

damageisgood no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP Cannot insert ROGERS SIM CARd into Blackberry 8220!!??

Advertisement

the instruction manual does not show how to insert the SIM card, only an image after insertion (leading me to believe it should be a smooth insert). Rogers technical support was not help and wants me to go to a Rogers store, which I don't have time for.

I have already destroyed one sim card from trying to get it in, and two of my fingernail beds are bleeding from all the pushing. I am trying not to damage the phone.

The tech rep said card should be inserted horizontally, not vertically - rounded out corner at the top right (gold side down obv). It wont budge, I get it about 1/4 inch or less in and its stuck? tried TWO sim cards? phone defect? am i retarded?help!

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    open the latch it should have instructions engraved on to it, then insert sim, line up the cut corner on the sim with the cut corner in the sim bed, then push down latch and slide it over the sim untill it locks into place. welcome to the stacks.
    Last edited by caboose06; 04-24-2009 at 08:38 PM.

damageisgood no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, but there is no latch on the 8220 to insert the sim card. You are supposed to insert it into a small hole near the top of the battery compartment. It wont go in, more than a 1/8 of an inch. the tech. support said it may be a hardware issue?
    The manual implies it should slide right up and in, and be almost entirely covered. Not happening.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Are you sure your not trying to insert it into the SD card slot. There should be a defined logo of the sim card where it needS to go. Should be under the battery. You should also see what looks like brass fingers sticking up a little.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Are you sure your not trying to insert it into the SD card slot. There should be a defined logo of the sim card where it needS to go. Should be under the battery. You should also see what looks like brass fingers sticking up a little.
    The SD slot is on the side of the phone. Take out the battery and slide the left side of the card horizontally straight in. Mine goes in easily, you may have to go to a store to have them try it for you. If they can't get it to go in then they will need to replace the phone for you. Bring your receipt.

I'll post some pics in a few. Standby

Here ya go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Don't have a 8220 so I was guessing. I was. Right about under the battery,lol

I actually had this problem with my 8900. The slot is slightly raised above the battery, so I thought cool I don't have to take the battery out. I pushed and pushed until my fingers hurt but it would not go in. I finally tried taking the battery out and it slid right in. The Sim placement on the 8220 is similar except the slot on the 8220 is horizontal at the top of the battery and the 8900 is at the bottom and vertical.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-25-2009 at 10:35 AM.

MarvinPin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up What Im talking about

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for complete with pictures.

blackbear2009 no está en línea Stack level 1

kudos!

thx for the pics!

billmcnamara no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Pearl BB 8220 Sim insert

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Here ya go!
    Nicely done. I guessed that but pix as they say are worth 1,000 words.

Thanks Bill