I dropped my BB today while at work. :cry: When it hit the floor the ... General Smartphones forum

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Help! I dropped my phone!! WAaaaaaaaaaa..

Advertisement

I dropped my BB today while at work. :cry: When it hit the floor the screen lock button on the top left was damaged and now it's inoperable. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It looks as though the button was jammed in further and does nothing whenever I press it. Is this something I can repair by taking the phone apart? (Unfortunately, I didn't get insurance coverage on the phone when I bought it). I have an 8330 BB Curve.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I haven't the experience to tell you how to fix, but relax, plenty of good folks here who have taken theirs apart. Was that the only damage? If so you can always turn "dial from homescreen" off and use the "k" key.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

yeah, so far that's the only thing I've discovered that was damaged. For now, I have reassigned my left hot key to be my keyboard lock until I can get the top button fixed. Thanks for the reply.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Np, cnn.cn sells replacement cases/parts. They're in china so be prepared to wait. Also a few other spots that sell parts. May consider a case (otterbox defender) to help protect it in the future.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

okay, thanks for the info. otterbox... is that the clear hard plastic case? I've seen those I think.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Otterbox is pretty big - at least the one I had was...too bulky for me. I'd suggest looking at the Seidio cases for one option. I've used their Innocase (when I first started they were called "hard rubber") for quite a while, dropped my BB on rare occasions and the only damage was to the case. There are plenty of other case options too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com