I'm getting spam bb messenger invitations from people with strange names and even stranger messages. ... General Smartphones forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Help! Can one block unwanted bb messengers?

Advertisement

I'm getting spam bb messenger invitations from people with strange names and even stranger messages. Is there a way to block them? I close my one email account because I got easily 100 plus spam emails a day to my inbox. Hopefully this won't happen to my bb messenger.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    I'm pretty sure u just delete them. When I get an unknown contact I just deny or ignore them. The same one shouldn't keep popping up it doesn't work like that as it does with email.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Hope not. Where do you think they get ones pin from? I had it on a few forums. Now I removed them.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've heard that some people go through the forums like this one and others like Crackberry, they copy all the pins listed and then sell them to advertisers. Some advertisers get them from forums. The safest way to share your pin is to have someone ask for it. Then you know who you are giving it to.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can go to "Options", Security, Firewall, and enable your firewall and then select PIN and choose "Except messages from - Contacts or Specific Addresses" and you can block them that way.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Thanks everyone.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Thanks kalebsdad78! I didn't think to go under security opt firewall. That's awesome!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100