Hi all, On one of my family phones I have a blackberry curve (8310) that ... General Smartphones forum

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2

Google Voice Dialer download for Desktop Install?

Advertisement

Hi all,

On one of my family phones I have a blackberry curve (8310) that I'd like to install the Google Voice Dialer on but there is no internet plan on that phone. Every link I've tried only redirects me to OTA install. Does anyone know where I can download the GVD for desktop install? Btw, I have setup a speed dial with pauses to make calls but it would be better if they can just dial directly through GVD.

Thanks,
    s-one

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I don't think there's a way to install it without internet. Either way, you need internet to use the app so it would be useless to you.

Why would it be useless if it would be used for the dialer as oppose to the standard BB dialer? I understand SMS would not work.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.161 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    ASK
    The dialer works through the internet. Even if you had the app on your phone, it wouldn't work. It wouldn't be able to pull up contacts, access settings, make phone calls, etc.

Ok thanks J. The speed dial will just have to do.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    BTW speed dial with pauses to make calls is very clever lol

Yea I have it set for the pauses plus PIN. It works great. Since this is my Mom's phone it would be easier for to just use the dialer though. Oh well.