Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 2 Post By pjwbur

I manage mobility for my company (ordering, setup, deployment, basic troubleshooting). Most of our devices ... General Smartphones forum

pjwbur no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Finally found something about BlackBerry that is better than iPhone

Advertisement

I manage mobility for my company (ordering, setup, deployment, basic troubleshooting). Most of our devices are BlackBerry with a few iPhones and Androids mixed in.

I'm not a huge BB fan, I admit. Especially the new BB 10. My personal phone is an iPhone5 and I love it.

Today I was given an iPhone that was previously used by a terminated employee. I have been asked to "wipe" it and get it ready for redeployment.

One problem, no one knows the device passcode. We can't ask the former employee as the separation was not amicable.

In BlackBerry, that is not a problem; enter the wrong password 10 times and the device wipes. No way to do that with iPhone. I do not have a backup of this iPhone and it will not connect to iTunes. I have looked all over for someway to get into this device and found absolutely nothing.

I can't prove I own the device as it is a corporate phone, so the Apple store will not touch it. So, I basically have a very ticked off manager and a very expensive paperweight. Not a good thing!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Thanks, JF, but that's a no-go. Tried that. iTunes won't detect the phone.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You said it's a corporate owned phone. Surely there's a way to prove that to Apple.

Also, my daughter's iPhone was locked down like that and we did the restore through iTunes as described in the link above. Do you have the latest version of iTunes? No reason you shouldn't be able to do that.
    chokem likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Would an IT policy keep the phone from wiping or resetting?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Mmm, possibly, Glenn. Not sure.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    An IT policy will prevent wiping or a reset. But then that's it! There's the answer. I actually wanted to write that yesterday but when I looked at the time its was past 2am here. And I had some reservations...
    The bud must just get their IT to do their thing. Since its a corporate phone, there shouldn't be a problem with that, should there?

Went through the force restore procedure about a dozen times, and finally iTunes recognized the phone in recovery mode. Now restored and reset, ready for redeployment. Thanks, all.
    RogerG and Mark Stone like this.