Remember when some smart phones came with both a regular battery and the extended one? ... General Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Extended batteries

Advertisement

Remember when some smart phones came with both a regular battery and the extended one? Why did that stop? Seems like these phone maker get more money off selling the extras for their phones so why don't they make the extended batteries right from the start? I can remember openning the box on a new phone and loving the fact it had the two batteries. Seems like this would help your phone model sell better then some others. Everybody complains about the battery life these days so it would seem to only help. Even apple could ship the iphone with some sort of clip on battery

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    trim and slim it seems these days, I'm surprised they haven't eliminated the charger

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I understand they think everybody likes slim but with everybody talking about battery life it would seem they could make even more by being the guys selling you the extended battery. Remember when a case with a belt clip came with your new phone. You are right they could safe money by not sending a charger with it. Maybe if they decide on only one or two charges for all phones they will start doing this