Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree that the Android platform has nowhere to go except up. Been a big ... General Smartphones forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

I agree that the Android platform has nowhere to go except up. Been a big fan of it since Google first announced their plans for it. I really believe that it can spur some real and fierce competition in the handset market. Open source means anyone can make a handset around it and the thing that is going to become a deciding factor for the consumer isn't just the brand, but the features and quality. It also means a wide variety of devices to meet carrier needs such as GSM or CDMA.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I agree that the Android platform has nowhere to go except up. Been a big fan of it since Google first announced their plans for it. I really believe that it can spur some real and fierce competition in the handset market. Open source means anyone can make a handset around it and the thing that is going to become a deciding factor for the consumer isn't just the brand, but the features and quality. It also means a wide variety of devices to meet carrier needs such as GSM or CDMA.
    Very well said, I could not agree more!

What I've learned over time, is there is no such thing as the "perfect phone" and if one finds a smartphone with the best set of compromises for their preferences, then it's the best phone for you.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by automan69 View Post
    Well today I return my Storm2 as the screen was locking up. I have had many Blackberrys ie: Pearl/curve/tour/storm1 and Storm2. When it came to problems with bb,s I'm your man. No luck with any of them.

I desided to try out the HTC Hero and love it. Talk about a stable Os, No brainer there.
    With so much unstable buggy Os,s that RIM puts out, If I wanted bugs... I would buy an Ant farm.
    Should I even talk about the browser...Awesome! With so many FREE apps for the HTC my head is spining.

Sure don't get that with Blackberry App World, Free is a loose term. Free but then buy is all bb app World is all about.
    Don't get me wrong, I do love blackberry, BUT enough is enough.
    I'm sure alot of you out there have something different to say about bb.

I real though I would look up to you RIM......But I need a HERO.
    I think rim needs to wake up and realize that there is a lot of comppetition out there these days. Lucky for them there is a lot of blackberry users out there that only use it for email and does not even know about app world. In my line of business I see a lot of faces everyday. When I see that they use a blackberry, I struck up a conversation and to my surprise they have no idea what the gadget can do.
    If you think about it, how many people own a laptop and only use it for email, web browsing, pictures and music.
    My point I have seen some 2 year old 8300, of which the owners never downloaded an app or don't even know about a battery pull is. All the apps and other enjoyable things does slow the phone down, but hey we love our apps. So rim wake up and smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    I think rim needs to wake up and realize that there is a lot of comppetition out there these days. Lucky for them there is a lot of blackberry users out there that only use it for email and does not even know about app world. In my line of business I see a lot of faces everyday. When I see that they use a blackberry, I struck up a conversation and to my surprise they have no idea what the gadget can do.
    If you think about it, how many people own a laptop and only use it for email, web browsing, pictures and music.
    My point I have seen some 2 year old 8300, of which the owners never downloaded an app or don't even know about a battery pull is. All the apps and other enjoyable things does slow the phone down, but hey we love our apps. So rim wake up and smell the coffee.
    Thanks for your accurate and excellent take on the state of the union when it comes to BlackBerry's. I could not agree more.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Thanks for your accurate and excellent take on the state of the union when it comes to BlackBerry's. I could not agree more.
    Thanks. If only I can get use to touch screen, the Mytouch might be my next phone. My wife has one. Tons of application installed and never freeze up.
    Do you know of any current or future phones that is like the bb, screen and keyboard only? No flipp or sliding out, that is a good phone.

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Thanks. If only I can get use to touch screen, the Mytouch might be my next phone. My wife has one. Tons of application installed and never freeze up.
    Do you know of any current or future phones that is like the bb, screen and keyboard only? No flipp or sliding out, that is a good phone.
    The Nokia E71x is a great model.

AT&T has it as the heavily subsidized price of just $49.99 (current street price is $329). I have one and it's very nice. Great build quality, keyboard and display. A very nice trackpad for navigation and it's very slim, thinner than a BlackBerry. Mine is just terrific.

Symbian is the OS, and if one takes the time to learn it (not hard) you will be surprised at how nice these are. A great alternative to a BB while we wait for RIM to get back on track.

The E71 has great phone call quality, with warm, clear, voice sound. Terrific signal reception with no dropped calls. Good battery life and very nice styling. I highly suggest you check one out.

mdfleck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400FE4D
    How's the software for the Nokias? I'm keeping my Pearl 8100 until I find an iPhone that I like or the people at RIM give me another phone to like so much that I could part with my Pearl. She's a darlin =P I used to have those cheap phones that didn't even have Bluetooth. After the Pearl, it better be able to do mobile videos(not necessarily streaming but that's a factor) without much conversion headache, play MP3s, take pictures, and have a decent selection of applications because BB AppWorld is well, lacking.
    8100 Pearl for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by mdfleck View Post
    How's the software for the Nokias?
    Nokia's are powered by Symbian. As I stated in my post above it's simply different. Frankly I like it and find it has many nice features.

The problem most BlackBerry users have is it's not the same as the BB OS?

Hello? It's not supposed to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12