Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well today I return my Storm2 as the screen was locking up. I have had ... General Smartphones forum

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Enough is Enough!!!!

Advertisement

Well today I return my Storm2 as the screen was locking up. I have had many Blackberrys ie: Pearl/curve/tour/storm1 and Storm2. When it came to problems with bb,s I'm your man. No luck with any of them.

I desided to try out the HTC Hero and love it. Talk about a stable Os, No brainer there.
    With so much unstable buggy Os,s that RIM puts out, If I wanted bugs... I would buy an Ant farm.
    Should I even talk about the browser...Awesome! With so many FREE apps for the HTC my head is spining.

Sure don't get that with Blackberry App World, Free is a loose term. Free but then buy is all bb app World is all about.
    Don't get me wrong, I do love blackberry, BUT enough is enough.
    I'm sure alot of you out there have something different to say about bb.

I real though I would look up to you RIM......But I need a HERO.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    As a recent BB addict convert to Moto Droid lover I know exactly what you mean and how I feel. I'm not writing BB off for good, but I sure needed a break. And Android is a breath of fresh air.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes I agree with you azstar, it is a breath of fresh air. If only bb could be some what like the Hero, then that would be a mean machine, but I just don't see this in my future.
    Last edited by automan69; 12-13-2009 at 01:34 AM.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am so happy with my new Droid that I've used it nearly exclusively. Thus I've decided to keep the iPhone3Gs as my secondary smartphone and sell off my 9000.

With today"s exciting new about the Nexus One, I'm ready to enter the cue the moment they are announced.

I would like to think this will wake up RIM and if not, it at least trumps the Curve or is that Baby Bold? 9700. A warmed over device that while quite nice in it's own right (compared to other BB's) it is nothing to get excited over.

If nothing else this weekends buzz around the Nexus is just the tip of the iceberg.

Stay tuned as the Google Juggernaut as just begun.

webmerlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hmm. I've only had my bb 8330 cuve about a year. It keeps crashing, slower and slower. Maybe a change is in order. But which way to go? Suggedtions welcome.

Are you looking to try Android or do you want a newer BB?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm a huge fan of the Android platform as the devices I've played with were awesome and the open-source nature of the OS is going to breed competition amongst handset makers. I've never had a minute worth of trouble with my BB's and I'm a bit shy to jump ship to the Android platform just yet. Especially with die-hard fans who say that the marketplace is worse then App World. The Google Phone may be the one that causes me to change, but we'll see after some more reviews come out.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

The Android Market is no where near as organized as Apple's App Store, but it is miles ahead of RIM's App World. App World made me have violent thoughts for many reasons.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Never did get it working on the old BB, did you?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Nope still couldn't download very common apps like pandora, slacker, where, etc. and the list goes on I swear my frustrations with App World and going months with a trouble ticket with RIM and still no resolution is what made me switch to Android...

I guess now I shouldn't be mad at them anymore, I'm having more fun with my Droid than I ever did with either of my BBs. Faster, huge screen, tons of free very useful apps, so incredibly customizable even without rooting.....thanks for being so screwed up RIM, cuz our breaking up was the best thing ever I <3 my Droid!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    LOL. Sounds like a plot for one of those Swiffer commercials. You steady typing away on the Droid and your old BB knocking at the door...
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Hahaha I like that. I can just see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The Android Market is no where near as organized as Apple's App Store, but it is miles ahead of RIM's App World. App World made me have violent thoughts for many reasons.....
    I could not agree more.

Also it's my understanding that in relatively short order the Android Market is about to be reorganized which will end the controversy. In addition, there are many more apps about to be released in the next 30 to 60 days. The Android train is on a roll, there's no stopping them now.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    I could not agree more.

Also it's my understanding that in relatively short order the Android Market is about to be reorganized which will end the controversy. In addition, there are many more apps about to be released in the next 30 to 60 days. The Android train is on a roll, there's no stopping them now.
    Motorola is apparently working on their own version of the Marketplace. The guys over at AndroidandMe have some nice screenshots of it and it looks promising. Motorola seems to have taken it down, but still, it's in the works. While there are more apps added all the time, quite a few of the larger development companies are ditching their plans to invest in the Android platform as they say that due to the lack of organization and key features in the marketplace, their overall app sales on the platform are nowhere close to that of other platforms.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 12-14-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    While there are more apps added all the time, quite a few of the larger development companies are ditching their plans to invest in the Android platform as they say that due to the lack of organization and key features in the marketplace, their overall app sales on the platform are nowhere close to that of other platforms.
    Yes this has indeed happened, although it's a very temporary move by shortsighted companies with no staying power. The Android platform is ripe with opportunitites for those that can see past their shoes. The overall app sales should not be what they are on other platforms, as Android is so new. An obvious deduction for future thinking organizations. The very companies that as time goes by will be reaping the rewards for their intelligent planning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast